Is it twins or am I losing it?

babylyman

Reaction score
Hello ladies, so here are the facts, maybe you can help me figure it out:
Pregnancy # 7 (a few babies within those pregnancies!)
Recent miscarriage: February
Week 6. Currently: 128lbs.
Weight before pregnancy: 124lbs height: 5'1
So I got a bfp with a dollar test a day before my period was due. Turns out the line was really dark. With my other pregnancies, I wouldn't see a fade line til 4 days after a missed period (also using a regular test). I have been sick from week 3 non stop... Last week was really bad, and this week feels a lot worse than all of my other pregnancies. I was expecting to start getting sick on week 7 like all of the other times. Also, I would only feel like a little stabbing sensation on the implantation day. This time around I've felt the same thing already 4 times, as if the uterus was stretching like never before. My belly looks a lot bigger than each time I got pregnant but I know that's not a factor. Although this time around I've felt extremely hungry, I have already gained 4 lbs and I'm only 6 weeks! Another thing is that this time around I feel 3 times more tired than I used to in my other pregnancies! I fall asleep on car rides, and I never did that on my other pregnancies. There are 2 pairs of twins on my mom's side of her family. (2 that are my cousins and 2 that are her cousins). I know that the only way to confirm this is via an ultrasound (my first doc's appointment is on July 10th), but the question is, according to your experience, to your friends' experiences, or from what you have seen or learned, could these be signs of a twin pregnancy? Could the miscarriage have led me to release two eggs? Could the hereditary factor have caused it? My age? My number of pregnancies? Or do you think that my hormones are just stronger this time around and that's why my test line came out so dark so early? I'll appreciate your thoughts and your comments! (And I promise I'll come back to thank and to update!) :thumbup:

I've read that extreme symptoms early on could mean twins but I've also read it could just be a strong beanie.
Usually if you are older than 35 your chances of twins increase
If you eat yams during fertile period your chances increase

I'm sure these are all wives tales but it's fun reading into!

Is there any way you have your dates wrong and be a little further than you think?

Either way congrats!! And please come back to say if twins or one bubs.

When it comes to yams it has to be cassava.The only thing that will tell is an ultrasound.Congrats on the pregnancy.Hope you get what you want.

I have a twin brother, and 2 of my sisters are twins. Twins tend to run on my mom's side. She said she was really sick with both twin pregnancies. She was about 26-27 when she had my sisters and was 30 when she had my brother and I. Before I had my first ultrasound, she was positive there was only 1 in there because she said if I were having twins, I would have been really sick (I haven't had one bout of sickness). Good luck! And as my parents would say "twins are easy!" :)

Like you said, just hard to know without an ultrasound. I will say that with my last pregnancy (4th pregnancy after 3 miscarriages) When I took the pregnancy test it was so dark that the control line was almost not there. I thought it must be faulty so I went back to the store and bought another brand...same thing happened. (I didn't take the test until I was 2 days late though). My symptoms were really strong too, early on. I had my hcg tested when I was 4w6d and it was already over 18,000, so mine was due to high hcg (at least my OB said it was high for 4 week range). So you could have high hcg with one or you could have twinnies in there!! Who knows. Good luck :)

You're not losing it, however you'll just have to be patient and wait for an ultrasound :D
Congratulations on your :bfp:

Is there any way you have your dates wrong and be a little further than you think?

Either way congrats!! And please come back to say if twins or one bubs.

Hum, no, I know that we conceived on May 9th for sure lol, absolutely I will keep updating you guys!

Before I had my first ultrasound, she was positive there was only 1 in there because she said if I were having twins, I would have been really sick (I haven't had one bout of sickness). Good luck! And as my parents would say "twins are easy!" :)

Such an interesting story! Thanks!

So you could have high hcg with one or you could have twinnies in there!! Who knows. Good luck :)

Thanks! you know it's interesting 'cause I asked for an hcg count test and they denied it since I'm not suspecting I'm experiencing a miscarriage. Isn't that odd? How can I just get one?

So you could have high hcg with one or you could have twinnies in there!! Who knows. Good luck :)

Thanks! you know it's interesting 'cause I asked for an hcg count test and they denied it since I'm not suspecting I'm experiencing a miscarriage. Isn't that odd? How can I just get one?

I am an angel twin mother :sadangel:.even with betas done the scale varies so much its not really a hint of how many.you will just have to wait it out.

I am an angel twin mother :sadangel:.even with betas done the scale varies so much its not really a hint of how many.you will just have to wait it out.

I'm sorry to hear about your angels :flow: Lots of love to you and your angels.

Thank you.I really should't answer these post.I'm afraid I come off rude.It just gets old.Basically you won't know until an ultrasound.All the things you listed could mean twins but they can also mean a singelton.

I was suspecting twins myself:

Very sick very early
Quick weight gain
Hereditary from my mother
In maternity clothes at 7 weeks!
Super strong symptoms
And I kept getting "signs" (double egg yolks)

BUT my scan revealed one healthy little baby! And we were super relieved :)

The weight I had gained is gone now because my bloating has subsided, which is so great, but also I've been very sick so that might have contributed to the loss. But yeah, I was much sicker much earlier than when I was carry DD, so I was pretty suspicious.

You do have your age and # of pgs going for you though! Are you hoping for twins?!

Hello
Like others have said, only an ultrasound will tell you for certain. With me the tests showed very strong at 10 days post 3 day transfer (13dpo?). I have had sickness however nowhere near as bad as many mums of singles so I don't think that's a helpful sign. Also, your body will behave differently after previous pregnancies so I don't think size is much of a guide either!

Good luck, however many are in there! X

Platinumvague, I'm so sorry for your losses X

Thank you.I really should't answer these post.I'm afraid I come off rude.It just gets old.Basically you won't know until an ultrasound.All the things you listed could mean twins but they can also mean a singelton.

No worries!!!! I loved your contribution! I went to the doctor today for the 24/7 sickness and they prescribed something, they wanted to do an ultrasound just for the heck of it but their schedule was a little tight. The nurse said that the more pregnancies that you have the worse the symptoms might feel. Also they had to change my first time pregnancy appointment to June 26th so I'll update you guys, hopefully they'll do an ultrasound on that day! This wasn't even considered a first time pregnancy appointment, they didn't measure me or anything of pregnancy pregnancy nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->