IS IT TWINS?! PLEASE TAKE A LOOK!

Chestermate

Reaction score
Hi everyone O:)

Im hoping someone could give me their opinions on my recent 5ish week ultrasound picture as I'm going slightly insane

My first scan was due to spotting and pain so I was scanned early (5ish weeks). The first tech saw 3 questionable sacs 3mm, 2.7mm and 2.6mm (natural conception).

I was scanned again 24 hours later to due their concern and this time the tech definitely seen one sac messauring 7mm with a yolk inside and there is one other questionable sac. They seem to think it's more likely to be fluid as this one measure's 3mm no yolk seen as yet. The third one she couldn't see.

Also, 7mm seems a MASSIVE increase of one of those sacs just over night?! I heard it's supposed to be only 1mm a day so I just don't know what's going on

I was looking at a few other early twin scans at my stage and they look exactly the same as others twin pregnancies, I'm hoping someone could give me some more advice or if any ultrasound techs are here if they could have a look for me.

It would be lovely to see any scan picies of your twins/singleton around 4-5 weeks if anyone has any.

Thanks everyone, wish you all safe and happy pregnancies [-o<

PhotoGrid_1539294731497.jpg

When are they scanning you again? Have you got a tilted uterus? This can often make it hard to see.
I had a scan with my daughter at 5w1d and didn't see anything. Not even a sac. Went back 2 weeks later (longest 2 weeks of my life) and saw a beautiful flicking heartbeat. So it's great that you are seeing so much already.
Have they taken bloods? I guess with twins you would have higher hormone levels.
Sorry I'm not helping much. Sending you love and positive energy. Try rest if you can

There is a twins boards but it's often very quiet. Also from what I've seen twin sacs can be different sizes and develop at different rates.

Here is a pic of our fraternal twins at 6w along. Do you have any other scan pictures?

327d85b6-3062-40aa-bd07-94ac5add88d8.jpg

It could be a bleed. I was worried about having twins when I saw the tech measuring what looked like another sac but much smaller. I found out later I have a small hemorrhage from implantation.

Ohhh fascinating!!! Congratulations either way! Following!!

It's really difficult to say from the pic you posted. If I am being really honest (and I hope not to be hurtful) if it were a multiple pregnancy there would be concern with the sacs not measuring roughly the same, even that early on. 3-4mm difference is a big deal.

This is my scan from 6+3 of our Di/Di twinnies, not sure it will be helpful
39289204_205694596966525_5005919473094361088_n6+3bnb.jpg

Will they be doing a follow up scan? Wishing you well!!

I don’t know, but this is our scan photo from about 6 ish weeks ... two photos of the same baby, and definitely just the one in there

1FE85680-C3B0-4A2A-AA07-A64A05066058.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->