Is It Worth Complaining??

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
Last night, had a night out with the girls. I was good and didn't drink much at all. Had about 4 drinks.

Anyway, kick out time was meant to be 1:30 and one of my friends was drinking her drink at about 1:10 and when she turned away to sort her bag out, the bouncer came over and just took away the glasses including her glass with pretty much an entire drink in it.

She went after him because she was intending on finishing her drink and he just totally ignored her and then decided to get all gobby telling her to go away. He was really aggressive and was strutting around like he owned the place. I was really rather shocked.

She decided to speak to the barman and she was saying that he knows that it's 1:30 kick out time, it was now 1:15 and she should be allowed to drink her drink. He was just standing there and she was saying it's always been 1:30 kick out time, so why was she not allowed to finish her drink that she'd paid for? They he said that tonight it wasn't 1:30 kick out time and to just "Do one". Again rather rude.

Got our stuff together anyway and were on the way out and the bouncer piped up out of ear shot of my friend but clear as anything to me "You fucking clown", which was aimed at her.

I am wondering whether to complain or not because quite frankly I think the bouncer and the barman lack in people skills to do their jobs at all. No one was causing a problem, she just wanted the chance to finish the drink she paid for and given we had 15 minutes left, she could have finished it in 5 minutes and we'd have been out.

Calling people "Fucking Clown" is not professional, is really rather rude and to be telling people to "Do one" is no better either, so I was thinking about calling up the pub later, asking to speak to the manager and requesting the company name that the bouncer works for and his badge number and reporting his shitty attitude as well as this little wanker barman.

What would you do? Would you report it? Just trying to decide whether it's worth it or not.

yes, complain! people like that get away with horrid behaviour because no one does complain.

What blah said. Most people don't bother complaining so nothing can get done about it but yes you should. Talking to people like that is vile!

I would! And maybe the barman could explain to the manager why they decided to close up early as well!

Complain!!!! Some people think they can just do whatever they want and no-one will challenge them, complete bullies

I never used to complain but I complain about every little thing now, if you pay for something you should be allowed to finish it, imagine if you were in a restaurant and they came and took your plate before you finished!

Id complain, shouldnt be talking to people like that

I was speaking to one of my friends who was out with me last night and I found out that the barman is actually the owner of the pub, so even if I was to phone up and speak to the manager, it'd go through him anyway and seeing as he was an arrogant prick, there's not a lot I can do I don't think and apparently, he was the one who asked the bouncer to take the drink away. Even so, there was still no need for the bouncer to name call on the way out.

I'm not really sure where to go from here now....any advice?

What kind of a pub is it? Is it owned by a brewery? If so I'd find the number for their head office and complain there. As for the doorman, not sure anyone would take notice of a complaint of him being rude but that's just my personal opinion.

To be honest, I've no idea. I'd never been there before but my friends have. Without meaning to sound defeatist, I'm not sure there is any point in me taking it further, seeing as the barman is actually the owner, which is a shock as he looks fresh out of school, it just seems like I'd be blowing hot air for nothing. I think my hands are tied on this one.

It's shit but some fights just aren't worth it hun :hugs: I know from working in the pub trade that it's unlikely anything would come of it any way, even if you did complain to head office. It's all slapped wrists and moving on. Sorry you guys had a bad night xx

I would of said complain but after you saying he owns it theres probably not much point. Just think, his business probably won't last to long if hes gonna treat people like that, they'll just go somewhere else, so lets see how friendly he'll be once he realises that xx

Could you not complain to the local council - they will have given him the license, and they will have a register of the bouncers I think - so also complain to the door steward company. But, I think that ultimately the owner has a right to refuse service to anyone so he can say he jsut decided to stop serving you.

This happened to my mate, he paid for a £20 round, the owner served him and 2 mins after he sat down the bobbies arrived to throw him out (the owner has barred like everyone in this village at some point)...........he is a total cock, but he has the right to do that.

Actually since he owns it I think you definitely should complain. Then while you have him on the phone I would be sure to let him know that not only will you not be returning to his pub but you will be letting all of your friends know about the way you and your friends were treated. I would then let him know that you will be urging your friends to boycott his pub and that word will spread about how he runs his business. The best place to hit the owner is in the pocketbook then he might think twice about how he treats his customers. What an asshat! :finger:

I'd complain, that's no way to behave, and definately not professional, it's a shame these bouncers are supposed to be there to protect us whilst we're out, but my brother does alot of DJing in town, and knows a lot of the bouncers, and quite frankly they're like bent coppers! It's a joke and these people shouldn't do their job unless they take it seriously!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->