Is it wrong for people who work with children to smoke?

Sorry if you are offended I call cigarette smoke 'shit'. It certainly isn't a breath of fresh air.

Clearly you've never smoked menthols! :rofl:

omg, I nearly peed myself laughing! My mom smokes menthols, my dad does not. I remember when I was a kid and he ran out of cigs one bad winter and couldn't go get more because of the storm. So he smoked one of hers and spent the next hour saying it felt like a leprechaun took a dump in his mouth.

I guess its one of those jokes only smokers get. Lol

I voted no, BUT I voted no for smoking on break or something during their job. Smoke smell, smells horrible. One of the worst smells ever, even compared to a garbage bag its worse IMO. If they want to smoke at home thats fine Its their life and personal time.
Ps I was a heavy smoker until a year before I got pregnant with my son, it was after I quit how much I realized how bad it was, and how much it stunk. My breath, hair, clothes, car etc. Never my house though, my husband was totally against it and made me go outside.

Yes wrong. Unless they wash and change clothes after their last smoke before work and do not have anther til they are home again. However given that smoking is addictive and most I know that smoke struggle to even go a few hrs in between I imagine this would be unlikely so therefore I've voted yes. Smoke. And the harmful toxins cling to your clothes and you still breathe them out for a long while after smoking so if smoking in a break etc, no matter how many times you wash your hands, you are still risking bringing those toxins around children. Xx

Just had to reply to this. I work in a school, and used to smoke. I did indeed have my last cigarette in the morning, then change my clothes and brush my teeth before leaving for work. In total, at least an hour between cigarette and seeing the children. I would occasionally (maybe 2 or 3 times a year) go for a cigarette after the children had left for the day. None of the children ever saw me smoking. And my colleagues were always incredibly surprised when they saw me smoking at social events- so I can't have smelled that bad of smoke!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->