Is late ovulation normal?

mommy2lexi

3rd Trimester!!!
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am a bit confused and was hoping someone can help. I had a D&C on June 4th (at 7 weeks prego)...and AF returned on the 7th of this month July. So this is our first month TTC after M/C.

My question is I am ovulating VERY late...just got a positive OPK today so I will ovulate around CD 21!! Prior to MC my cycles were pretty regular at 28 day cycle length.

What I am wondering is, if the late ovulation is due to the mc or is something wrong? Has anyone experienced anything like this??

Hi there. After my D&C (October 2009) my cycles increased from 29/30 days to 35 days so was ov'ing around CD21 too. You may find this is just a temporary thing for your first full cycle after D&C - but even if its the way things will be from now on, don't worry. I got pregnant again 5 cycles later (each 35 days). I expect them to change again after having a baby.

Sorry its such a worrying time but take heart that there is nothing wrong, just a little different.

Good luck!

xxx

Hi hon.. So sorry for your loss.

I had a chemical/early mc last cycle and I O'd much later this time around (my ff chart is attached). I am actually not sure that FF marked it right - may be 3 or 4 days later... Or this luteal phase is my longest yet. I think any hormone change causes weird things to happen and cycles that were normal my change to something new all together.

I wish you the best and I hope this helps..

:hugs:

Thanks so much to you both for the feedback! I was sooo hoping to be able to test in a week...not the case now! I just am hoping that having a very late ovulation doesn't mean anything in the way of trying to get prego. :(

Thanks again, since you guys have been there it settles my mind a bit :)

I also had a late Ov the first cycle after my mc. It was only a few days, like Cd18 or so. I am also pretty regular 28 days girl. I am waiting to Ov now, so we'll see if it's "normal" or not for the 2nd cycle.

Not sure. Since my m/c's I have had crazy cycles....some as short as 28 days and others as long as 53 days. My O dates have been off, which is making ttc even more challenging!! I typically would have O'd on Day 16, and here I am at Day 19 still waiting for my positive OPK. I have a feeling I am going to be waiting a lot longer. Good luck to you.

You sound exactly like me! This is my first *real* cycle after miscarriage, and just like you I didn't ovulate til CD 21. My cycles used to be a short and sweet 29 days, and I am not liking that they seem to be trending towards 35 days now. As if a mc wasn't bad enough, now we have longer cycles! :dohh: Hopefully it's just our bodies getting back to normal.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->