Is my daughter drinking colostrum? (nursing and pregnant)

SarahBear

Reaction score
I'm in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy and my daughter has been dry nursing. The other day, however, I thought I heard her swallow a couple times... Could she be getting some colostrum while she nurses?

From what I understand she could be getting colostrum which is fine, she can't cause your milk to come in because you need the hormones from giving birth for that to happen :)

out of curiosity - how did you know for sure that she was dry nursing?

Milk went away and that's what's "supposed to" happen... That's how I "know.'

Why don't you just ask her if she is getting anything?

I am wondering the same thing, I am only 19 weeks but I read it comes in the second tri usually. I never noticed my milk gone, but DS was rarely swallowing and pulling off frequently. Just today he seemed to be swallowing more and looking at me with an odd look while nursing, as if it tasted strange? He also hasn't been pulling off as if he wasn't getting anything like he had previously. I was just looking it up myself and saw this post!

Just to add, milk still beads up immediately when I squeeze my nipple, there is definitely some still there.

I have the same thing, kiddo isn't really swallowing but milk still shows when he pulls off. I was wondering when he would start getting colostrum.

Not everyone's milk goes away when pregnant. This time I noticed it went away much faster than the last time, though.

He hardly nurses during the day, but to bed for at least an hour, usually once during the night, and in the AM when he wakes. I just tried squeezing some out and now I really don't get any, where 2 days ago I did...

:( But it'll come back soon!

Finn only nurses overnight and for naps now. Unless he's upset and wants comfort.

She could probably tell you if it tastes different.

I don't think she can reliably tell me. There was a point earlier in my pregnancy when she did tell me it tasted different and referred to it as "different milk." I tasted it and it was salty. Then at some point it did seem to be gone, she was hardly nursing, and she said it was gone. Not sure what she would be comparing it to if I asked her if it tasted different, since there have been a number of changes already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->