Is NTNP really WTT?

I think that sometimes separation on this forum is taken a step too far... For example I made a post in TTC in a pregnancy related thread (just one post and I turned my tickers off) and I got asked what I was doing posting in TTC... I thought that was a bit unneccessary.... I sometimes post in the baby section but I dont have one of those yet does that mean I cant post in there as well. And am I wrong for making this post?! Should I just stick to third tri my 'official room'? Im not relating this to anyone on here btw its just something I have wondered and didnt really want to start a thread asking so thought id invade this one! Sorry. (Obviously Im not including LTTTC in any of this because thats different.)

In my opinion, NTNP girls aren't TCC and they're not WTT either. We look at them and assume they don't belong because they're not preventing, but wouldn't a TTC girl turn around and say well you're not even trying (when many TTCers are trying!).

So they're not WTT, nor are they TTC, in my opinion. So since they don't fit anywhere exactly, they come rub it in our faces :rofl:

kidding, don't hate me! :D

I was NTNP for the past two months and haven't been posting here. I'm now officially WTTing and I'm back :)

Just seems a bit silly to categorise people. "You belong over here, and you belong over there" We are all on the same path after all. Obviously TTC/WTT isnt relevant to me right now but if theres a thread that interests me or I have something to contribute to should I not post in it? Like a thread in here about TTC number 2 and dates... that interested me but im not WTT for number 2 quite yet....

When hubby and I changed to NTNP, I moved accross to TTC for that reason.

I'm sorry if my post upset anyone....I merely wanted to say thankyou for the time I was here...as brief as it was.

Sorry again.

xx

i think it just depends on the type of post u put, and remmeber lots of hormonal women bound to = lil bits of tension,

Just seems a bit silly to categorise people. "You belong over here, and you belong over there" We are all on the same path after all. Obviously TTC/WTT isnt relevant to me right now but if theres a thread that interests me or I have something to contribute to should I not post in it? Like a thread in here about TTC number 2 and dates... that interested me but im not WTT for number 2 quite yet....

No one was saying that you shouldnt be allowed to post in here if you're not WTT at the moment.The point being made was just that sometimes the borders of TTC and WTT are getting slightly overlapped and we were getting a few BFP announcements in here too and even though we're happy to see them they can make you feel a little bit down if you know youre going to be in WTT for a long time.
xxx

Katy and Aimee-Lou--You havent upset anyone girlies so dont feel bad/guily :hugs: I think this point is just being made as we're getting more NTNP and BFP announcements in here to sort out where this sort of thing should go xxx

Thanks Jen - I just didn't want to upset anyone.

I'm new here and i hope in my newness and not really knowing what to do i haven't accidentally upset or offended anyone as i really haven't intended to.

My OH and i have been NTNP since Jan and just recovering from a MC after falling pregnant almost right away.

Since joining the site i have replied to posts in many of the sub-forums, if i have felt they have relevance to me.

If i were asked which out of WTT or TTC i felt i belonged in most though i would certainly say TTC- my boyfriend and i both very much want to start a family but have chosen to take things easy and let things happen naturally for our own reasons, and because we're not waiting for anything, and because conceiving is a very real possibility i don't think i'd feel it was appropriate for me to spend too much time in WTT. Although in a sense, now we are recovering from the MC i suppose we are WTT for a little while anyway...and i agree that sometimes i might not *fit* into TTC either because i can't join in with talk of OPK and temping etc.

I'm not really sure what the answer is but just wanted to say sorry in case any of my posts have been a bit inappropriate or perhaps in the wrong place.

I'm new here and i hope in my newness and not really knowing what to do i haven't accidentally upset or offended anyone as i really haven't intended to.

My OH and i have been NTNP since Jan and just recovering from a MC after falling pregnant almost right away.

Since joining the site i have replied to posts in many of the sub-forums, if i have felt they have relevance to me.

If i were asked which out of WTT or TTC i felt i belonged in most though i would certainly say TTC- my boyfriend and i both very much want to start a family but have chosen to take things easy and let things happen naturally for our own reasons, and because we're not waiting for anything, and because conceiving is a very real possibility i don't think i'd feel it was appropriate for me to spend too much time in WTT. Although in a sense, now we are recovering from the MC i suppose we are WTT for a little while anyway...and i agree that sometimes i might not *fit* into TTC either because i can't join in with talk of OPK and temping etc.

I'm not really sure what the answer is but just wanted to say sorry in case any of my posts have been a bit inappropriate or perhaps in the wrong place.
:hugs: You certainly havent offended anyone hon.So dont you worry about that.
The OP wasnt pointing her finger at anyone saying they had upset/offended her so no one needs to think 'Oh no have I offended someone' She was just making a point that talking about NTNP should really be done in TTC even though if girls that are NTNP (or of course any other girls) want to join in with threads then we're always happy to see all of you.Just that threads about NTNP should possibly be in ttc and bfp announcements should be in the relevant section.xxxxxxxxx

Hi girls, just wana add my input as i was in WTT wilst NTNP. I feel a little bit bad for announcin my BFP in here, but at the time, I was goin between here and TTC as there isn't a place for those NTNP. I do agree that it is more TTC than WTT but I think at the end of the day we are all here to support each other rather than push people into different "categories". If somebody feels they are TTC then no doubt they would majority post in TTC. If somebody feels they are NTNP for whatever reason then maybe abit of slack can be cut. I also see the point about the BFP announcements. I was classing myself in here as I had come off the pill and was waiting for first true AF before actively trying. I didnt see much point in preventing if i was going to eventually be tryin. i know iv probably confused u now haha. I didnt feel right just leaving WTT so had to say my goodbyes, also I did wana share my good news (as i really didnt expect it to be so soon). I think this could have been a little insensitive for me but even in real life ur gona be comin across people being pregnant....maybe they should only announce that at antenatal classes??? I think that is a little extreme. I dont know. Im cut a little in two about this topic. Very controversial haha!!

I suppose there should be a forum for the NTNP rather than just guessing and people get upset or "stung" etc. I would have gone straight there and not met some of you lovely girls! I think any should be able to go anywhere they want too, within reason!

bring on the subforum :)

sorry if i sound abit avin a go im not just addin my point, i think most would agree anyway. bit of a grey area tho hey.

x x x x

I think you'll have hit a nerve there with some ladies. I for one don't think people should hide away their news, but there is a place for it. Journals and BFP forum! If people care about the individual, they read their journals and find out that way. As the saying goes "Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter,ánd those who matter don't mind."

Whilst I'm not that hurt by women announcing in WTT, it is pretty insensitive for those of us who have to wait for whatever reason. We are all happy for those getting prego, but it could be published in a more sensitive manner.

I agree with Jen (not agreeing with myself,I mean broody21).
I mean you announced it via your journal Leigh and we all came by and said our congrats and were happy for you but if there was someone who for whatever reason didnt want to see BFP announcements they didnt have to see it because it was inside your journal.
I guess thats why we have a BFP announcements section too!!

I sort of announced it....I said "think im movin over" it was true but wasnt braggin bout it (even tho obviously glad). I dont wana hit any nerves with anyone, sorry if it came across that way. I do hear what you are all sayin about it bein a little insensitive, but BFPs happen all the time, and especially newer people to the forum might not realise that you have to be so sensitive kinda thing. So bit of a dodgy subject really isnt it.

xx

I can understand where both sides are coming from but it's hard to judge. If I was NTNP i'd be trying to pretend things were the same as before as not to stress myself out so staying in here would be the same... but then again i'd feel bad for those who have to wait to 'let nature take it's course'. I personally have felt a twinge of jealously after hearing about all the girls in here getting BFPs whilst being so pleased for them... Just seems unfair to those who are waiting. Maybe a sub-forum would be easier to distinguish the different stages of WTT and TTC.

definately, i think ppl are gona think diferent things about the BFP announcements, some mite not mind an some do a little bit/alot. I dont think there is any right or wrong in these opinions either, but a NTNP forum may solve all problems. Anybody know how to get the forum/sub-forum? x

i think the problem for some people is they dont expect to see the bfp announcements in wtt cause you dont expect to see it thats why it stings a bit for some ladies (in my opinion! for give me if i am wrong) in ttc you are expecting and hoping to see the ladies say i am off to 1st tri! an i dont wanna upset anyone but ntnp is trying just the natural way in my eyes!
but i can also see why ntnp'ers feel like they have no cubby hole! everyone else has there place to go and have a moan up or talk to people in the same situation but they are between places!
take care ladies
:hug:

I honestly don't think anyone's 'upset' anyone by being NTNP and posting in WTT - in the general sort of posts and by actually BEING here...it's just those BFP announcements that have perhaps hit a nerve. That's all. So there's absolutely no reason for anyone to feel bad about NTNP and posting in here! :hugs:

I think all some people are asking is simply for the BFP announcements to be kept in the journals and the 'BFP announcements' section. It sort of feels (to me anyway) with those BFP threads in the WTT, like...invasion? Almost... I'm not OFFENDED and I don't think anyone should be accused of being wrong to post them in here, just agree it's perhaps more appropriate, from now on and for the sake of those who might get offended, if they're kept in the aforementioned areas. :)

I know what peoples mean by feeling out of place, if I was NTNP and I categorised myself as that, I think I'd prefer to stay in WTT. However, personal preference, if I was NTNP (on a regular basis) I'd probably just class myself as TTC anyway. :)

Also agree with Sparkswillfly about the 'boundaries' that seem to be set up. We all have access to all the parts of the forum, because there are no 'rules' that prevent us from posting there, but people seem to be defensive about their 'category' as such... I think it's nice to be able to feel that sort of belonging, but that shouldn't be pushed to the point where other people are looked upon with disdain, just because they're posting a response in a category they don't 'belong' to! I feel awkward posting in certain places on the forum, because I do feel out of place... =/

people are looked upon with disdain, just because they're posting a response in a category they don't 'belong' to! I feel awkward posting in certain places on the forum, because I do feel out of place... =/

Thats what I was trying to say but you said it better. I dont think theres any need for a NTNP sub forum. Seems a bit excessive.

The more i think about this the more confused i get. I suppose it comes down to the whole thread the other day about trying or TRYING. To me TTC implies charting, OPKs etc etc, which i guess is why i stayed in here when i was NTNP. Not that it matters now, since i wasn't lucky enough to get a bfp and i'm now firmly waiting. I did feel a bit jealous when i saw the bfp announcements in here though, and i wouldn't have posted here had i been that lucky. I'd have posted in announcements and my journal.

I also agree with Night and Sparks in that generally on this forum i feel that sometimes things do get a bit too "separated" unnecessarily, for example sometimes i'll read a thread in one of the pregnancy forums about reflux, which i happen to know a lot about having suffered from it for years, but feel that i can't post there because i don't "belong" in their section xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->