Is referring to LO as "the baby" common?

stepmum

Oliver's Mummy
Reaction score
I've just realised that we always refer to LO as "the baby" when speaking about him.."where is the baby" "I want to get the baby this" "can you change the baby", obviously when we're talking to him we call him by his name (or gorgeous baby boy or stinky bum or little mister grouchy :haha:)..i feel like when he's 13 I'm still gonna refer to him as "the baby".

Is it just me??

:haha: I do this all the time, I did it with my first but somehow it's gone from 'the baby' to 'the devil re-incarnate'. :p

Joking of course, I call him little boots, possum, Jack, Jackaboo, gorgeous, booful, monkey, stink, tink, babe, little mister, moose, blossom and many more. Cas gets babe, monster, cheeks, little poss, tiny boots, little moose and boo/boofuls, plus many many more. I swear my kids don't know their own names :p

I don't, but everyone else does lol, so I think very common hun.
I call lillie- lilster, lillie pie, pie, baby girl, bootiful girlie, ginger babbaz, sweet pea, bugger, princess, shitbag (lol), all sorts! Xx

I still do. When I was pregnant with Evie I referred to her as "the fetus" because I couldn't wrap my mind around another baby :rofl:

Also
Piglet
Munchkin
Mr Munchkin
Sir cries a lot (not so much anymore)
Sir whines a lot (allll the time now)
Meester Munchkin

Everything except Alexandre...!

Haha sometimes I still call LO "the fetus" just as a joke.

But usually I refer to her as BooBoo.

I have noticed that we do this a lot too! to her and other people I call her her name or nickname, but between my husband and I is almost always "the baby"! I think it's still so hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that she's a REAL little person, with a name! Lol!

I always call Thomas by his name, but my grandma refers to him as "the baby". It drives me up the wall!

We do occasionally. We hardly ever call her Olivia and i think it sounds weird when other people do!

Our nicknames are:

Liv
Livie
Squirmy worm
Squirmy
Bubs
Grumpy pumpy baby (used frequently at the minute!)

This post made me laugh! :haha:

I LOVE all the cute nicknames, and I'm glad I'm not the only one to be using them so frequently. For us, it was very different the second time around b/c we didn't find out the gender. It was SO odd to call him by his name b/c we had referred to him as "it and the baby" for so long.

Now Benjamin gets: Ben, Benny-Boo, Little Man, Benjables, and Benja-mini-me, haha! I love the looks from other people when we're out in stores, and I forget we're in public!

My little one gets called

Baby
Sausage
Saus
Little puss (as opposed to our cats who seem huge now!)
Puss
Pup
Wriggles
Grumbles
And a million others I can't think of now :D

Haha I occasionally call my 5 yr old 'the baby' still, he doesnt appreciate it lol!! Lily is also 'the baby' as well as lils, baby girl, and missy moo!!x

My daughter gets called the baby a lot but I call my son bubby I'm not sure why but he's bubby even thou his name is zain lol not even close

I never say the baby now I think of it, I always say can u check on faith ? Is faith ok? Feed faith..

i have never heard this only on movies :haha:

I still refer to Ella as my baby though even though she's not so much anymore

I always say "the baby" didn't even realise till I read this post :rofl: xx

I either call Coralie by her name, or I call her the bear.

DH found it hilarious the other week when I text him asking him to cook something for the bear for dinner :haha:

When I was pregnant, she was Roo Roo Bear... Now she is Coralie Bear :cloud9:

Still say "the baby" but less often than before. My brother still calls him "baby" which he probably got from me. In fact I don't think my brother has ever called DS by his name....

my OH's sister and her partner refer to their son as 'the boy' - i'm not really a fan of this

We call the Maria "the baby" a lot but then that was her only name for the first 10 weeks of her life as we couldn't decide on a name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->