is seriously confused regarding slings!? HELP!

lucy_x

Mummy To Two Stunners
Reaction score
OK, so i wasnt going to babywear, but as with co-sleeping my little one has decided its probably a good idea! (she HATES her pram, and barley lets me put her down!)

so, iv found a lovely ring sling by herbalbaybee that i like, i like the fact its a great coverup for BF'ing, BUT i also like how safe and secure mei tais look, but how easy are they to BF in?

so how safe are ring slings? (im a bit of a freak with things like that) and how exactly do they work? also i have a bit of a coliky baby, who sometimes likes being held across my chest, is this easy with one?

thanks girls :flower:

Have to admit I've always prefered Mei-tai style to ring slings but I've never breastfed in them but apparently it can be done just by loosening one of the shoulder straps a bit.

I have a MYA mei tai which is a mei tai but with wrap-like straps which helps the covering up, I only got it when ds was 10 months so Im not too much help, but I think they should be pretty eay to bf in, I have a friend who is a serious babywearer and she bfs with the baby in the mei tai always. If in doubt what I have done in the past is used a muslin to help cover up :)

I have a maya MT as well, I have BF in it in an emergency (supermarket checkout :dohh: ) personally it was do-able by loosening the straps and jiggling LO down level with his snack :haha: but not especially comfy. I do prefer to stop and sit to feed where possible, so I haven't practised feeding in the MT. I've read of others who take LO out and then lay them horizontally in MT's to feed. I guess with practise you can find a comfy position to feed on the run if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->