Is she having too much??

charlie07

Reaction score
Morning ladies

Well Gabbi is taking to her rice even more today, but I am worried I may end up over feeding her on the rice and she ends up not having enough milk. I am still trying to find out the minimum milk she would need once on rice/solids more per day.

On 18th Feb, Gabbi weighed 17 lbs 9 oz, she was 5 months old.

This morning, this is what she's had:

7 am - 170 ml (6 oz) (wanted her to take more but she's not that hungry in a morning to say she's gone 9 hours!)

10.45 am - 40 ml (1 1/2 oz) of rice mixed with formula and 130 ml (4 3/4 oz) of formula.

See, I don't know how much 40 ml (1 1/2 oz) of rice mixed with formula would equate to in milk terms/nutritional amount.

I will give her milk at 2.30/45 depending on when she wants it - app. 210 ml (71/2 oz) but she will probably not drink it all

Rice with formula and formula at approx 6/6.30 - app 40ml (1 1/2oz) rice and 180 ml (6 1/2 oz) formula but again probably won't take all the milk

Formula at approx 10/10.15 - 120 - 150 ml ( I am cutting this feed down slowly as she eats more solids)

I know this is a heavy questions for a Sunday but I would really appreciate your input into this.

Thank you all in advance x

Oh and it's Ladies day here in Bulgaria so I want to wish you all a

HAPPY LADIES DAY

:hug::hugs::hug::hugs::hug::hugs::hug::hugs:

She is having plenty of milk still... no worries. I think the min amount once their weaned is 16oz... and younger babies the min amount is 24 oz... Since she is kind of half weaned I think she is having enough....

You'll know if she isn't getting enough milk. If she's happy, healthy, thriving, then she's fine!

Thanks girls.

Well she took 210 ml (7 1/2 oz) at the 3pm feed (yes it went later) and just fed her the tea time feed which again is later.
She had 40 ml of rice with formula BUT only had 80 ml of milk!!!!!! That means he is 100 ml down on her usual milk but she did have more rice today. Maybe it all balances out as I don't know what this amount equates to in terms of milk amount.

So, question, do I leave the last feed tonight as she won't be due till about 10.45/11 and let her sleep through (yeah right, knowing my luck she'll wake at 4am) or should I feed later tonight so she will sleep through?

Oh the choices, making decisions!!!

I always feed at 10 no matter how the day feeds go.

I wish I could go with that, the same time every night, but after she suffered from reflux, leaving 3 1/2 hours between feeds ( as I read it takes 3 1/2 hours to digest formula), we've never had a problem since. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but not sure I want to risk finding out! lol

She got her food at 10.45 last night, reduced the amount to 150 ml, she took the lot. She slept till 6.45 am (she was awake before I had to wake her) and has only took 130 ml this morning instead of 210ml!!!

Just to let you know I tried pear puree with the rice this morning and it was a success!! So we will stick with this for about 5 days and then try apple.

Oh it feels so good and I am very proud of Gabbi :)

Just to let you know I tried pear puree with the rice this morning and it was a success!! So we will stick with this for about 5 days and then try apple.

Oh it feels so good and I am very proud of Gabbi :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->