is she too young for weaning?

cookie123

mummy to lexi grace
Reaction score
my daughter is nearly 5 months and has gone off her milk completely. she'll have some before bed and in the morning, but during the day she is just not interested. I spoke to my HV who told me not to give her solids yet, but after lexi having not fed pretty much all day i decided to try her on some baby rice and last night she had some carrot. she absolutely loved it and ate it all! i'd rather she was having this than not eating at all but is she to young or do you think this is the right thing to do!?!? :shrug:
thanks x

My daughter was ready for weaning at 4 months,but twins werent ..it's all individual really,if you feel comfortable and she is enjoying food then go for it. You have to do whatever makes you comfortable.

Personally I would take her to the Dr and see what they say. In theory, if you give solids, she'll drink even less milk, and it's milk that she needs...

17 wks is the min ....I have started lily for this reason also loosing weight ...maybe buy the food u mix with babymilk to get her milk into her x

I think that you know when your baby is ready for solids. As long as it isnt a silly age like 8 weeks or something. Personally I think the minimum age should be 12 weeks. Caitlin was weaned at 13 weeks and she is perfectly healthy, she's not overweight or anything like that.

Thomas was weaned about 4 - 5months (I can't quite remember) but he was weaned coz doctors told me to as he had infant reflux so didn't keep his milk down well.

Thomas isn't fussed on his milk either so I make sure to give him plenty of food with nutritional value in. He has 2 meat meals a day with at least 5 vegetables and then dessert. He has baby cereal or toast for breakfast too.

If you feel she is ready go for it hun :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->