Is something wrong?

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by samisshort, Nov 18, 2011.

1. samisshort

samisshort Mama to 2 boys

For the past couple of days, I have been telling myself, "Don't worry, he's just a lazy stubborn little monster boy."

Because usually, he kicks me non-stop. And well, a couple days ago, he only kicked a couple times. I thought, okay, it's just a lazy day. But now, it has been going on for days. :nope: Only slight movement and rarely kicks at all for the past few days. Only time I can get him to kick now, is when I drink orange juice and eat a big meal.

I have PCOS, so I'm constantly worried something is going to go wrong. So my lovely grandma back from like week 12 or so, bought me a fetal heart doppler. I've been using it a lot the past few days because I am so paranoid. It's been in the 150s and 160s thankfully. I've been feeling the first movements since 15/16 weeks and on the outside at 17/18 weeks. I'm now 21 weeks and it's scary now because of how much his movement has decreased.

Should I call my doctor, or take a trip to the ER? I'm not used to him having this many lazy days in a row.... :nope:

2. 2beamummy12

2beamummy12 Guest

Sweetheart your only 21 weeks! dont worry about it they really dont have constant moving until 27 weeks and you dont start kicking counts until then! you still have 6 more weeks! Indie is still a lazy baby and i dont freak at all!

3. jemmie1994

jemmie1994 Evie's Mummy <3

i only started feeling movement at 19 weeks dw you dont have to worry about regular movement until 28 weeks

4. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

I know it is worrying :hugs: but he'll be okay in there. He's still kicking so I would try not to stress about it or take too much notice as we're not really meant to worry about the movement for a few more weeks. If you've been slightly busier this week then you might have just kept him sleeping as they're more lively when you're resting.

5. samisshort

Thank you girls!

I think you're right, I have been a little busier this week. Lots of baby shopping at the mall, and the mall is pretty darn big so I walk a lot there. Plus last night I went and saw the new Twilight movie. :haha:

6. deafgal

deafgal Guest

if it feels like there's less movement, maybe you should see your doctor. btw, babies do move less as they get bigger

7. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

It's most likely you being a busy bee then :thumbup:

Omg I'm actually sooo jealous :haha: I'm trying to get OH to take me to see it, I've even made him watch the previous 3 just so he knows what's going on! :haha:

8. samisshort

Really? I always thought they moved more. My OH's mom keeps telling me, "Just wait until he gets bigger and you see feet sticking out of your belly" :haha:

Thank you though!

9. samisshort

Lmao I made OH go with me! But he had no idea what was going on :dohh: I should have made him watch the other 3 too lol I might make him watch the previous 3 tomorrow when I go over to his house :haha:

You should go see it though! I'm not a huge fan of Twilight, but it was a pretty good movie, I just personally preferred the books over the movies haha

10. IrishGirl

IrishGirl Katies Mam&Expecting

He hun:)The only advice i would give is,you know your own body.If it doesnt feel right for you then i would even just ring your doc and explain and see what they say.It cant do any harm ringing them,it will put your mind at ease.Better being safe than sorry :) xoxoxox

11. snowfia

snowfia Well-Known Member

If you're really worried, ring up.
    When I was about 21 weeks I'd go a couple of days without feeling anything at all and then she'd kick like normal.
    Now when she's really lively it's so uncomfy :haha:

12. samisshort

I think I'll call just to be on the safe side. :flower: Thank you ladies

13. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

I thought he was gonna hate it but he even said himself "for films about gay vampires they weren't that bad" :haha: I was sooo disappointed when I watched the first film as the books are soooo much better. Each film improves as the directors get better :haha:

Just gotta get OH into cartoons now that I've got him into twilight :haha: he hates them :O I love em haha can't wait til Oakley starts watching tv I'll have an excuse to watch all the kiddy programs :blush:

14. samisshort

LMAO me too! I'm so using Alex as an excuse. I watch all the cartoons my little sisters watch, like "Adventure Time", "The Amazing World of Gumball", etc. Everytime I try watching them at his house he changes the channel. But in March I will have an excuse :haha:

15. jemmie1994

me and OH watch 'In The Night Garden' :blush: we wanted to go to the live show but thought that might be abit much haha they best do another one next year when we have an excuse to go :haha:

16. samisshort

I watch that one sometimes too, not even going to lie! I watch everything my sisters watch. Even like "Team Umizoomi" and everything. I seriously can't wait until my son is born and have a legit excuse to sit and watch them with him! :haha:

17. beanzz

beanzz Mama to 2

Omg I love In The Night Garden! :blush: I love the names of everything "Makka Pakka" "Ninky Nonk" and "Pinky Ponk" :haha: the child in me gets all excited when I hear those words :blush:

18. jemmie1994

i love Makka Pakka get all excited when he comes on and does his song :haha:

19. imprfcttense

imprfcttense Expecting a Little Boy

I've been feeling the EXACT same way lately. The past couple of days, I've only felt him a few times. And this followed a really active day, so it started to worry me. I figure maybe he's facing a different way or just going through a growth spurt or something (I don't know if this is right, but I heard they have long periods of sleep when they hit growth spurts). But I'm glad my baby's not the only one scaring momma. :) Surely everything is fine!

And I am SO glad I'm not the only one excited for an excuse to watch cartoons! :p

20. loveme_x

loveme_x Well-Known Member

I can't wait till this part happens :haha: