Is something wrong?

samisshort

Mama to 2 boys
Reaction score
For the past couple of days, I have been telling myself, "Don't worry, he's just a lazy stubborn little monster boy."

Because usually, he kicks me non-stop. And well, a couple days ago, he only kicked a couple times. I thought, okay, it's just a lazy day. But now, it has been going on for days. :nope: Only slight movement and rarely kicks at all for the past few days. Only time I can get him to kick now, is when I drink orange juice and eat a big meal.

I have PCOS, so I'm constantly worried something is going to go wrong. So my lovely grandma back from like week 12 or so, bought me a fetal heart doppler. I've been using it a lot the past few days because I am so paranoid. It's been in the 150s and 160s thankfully. I've been feeling the first movements since 15/16 weeks and on the outside at 17/18 weeks. I'm now 21 weeks and it's scary now because of how much his movement has decreased.

Should I call my doctor, or take a trip to the ER? I'm not used to him having this many lazy days in a row.... :nope:

Sweetheart your only 21 weeks! dont worry about it they really dont have constant moving until 27 weeks and you dont start kicking counts until then! you still have 6 more weeks! Indie is still a lazy baby and i dont freak at all!

i only started feeling movement at 19 weeks dw you dont have to worry about regular movement until 28 weeks

I know it is worrying :hugs: but he'll be okay in there. He's still kicking so I would try not to stress about it or take too much notice as we're not really meant to worry about the movement for a few more weeks. If you've been slightly busier this week then you might have just kept him sleeping as they're more lively when you're resting.

Thank you girls!

I think you're right, I have been a little busier this week. Lots of baby shopping at the mall, and the mall is pretty darn big so I walk a lot there. Plus last night I went and saw the new Twilight movie. :haha:

if it feels like there's less movement, maybe you should see your doctor. btw, babies do move less as they get bigger

Thank you girls!

I think you're right, I have been a little busier this week. Lots of baby shopping at the mall, and the mall is pretty darn big so I walk a lot there. Plus last night I went and saw the new Twilight movie. :haha:

It's most likely you being a busy bee then :thumbup:

Omg I'm actually sooo jealous :haha: I'm trying to get OH to take me to see it, I've even made him watch the previous 3 just so he knows what's going on! :haha:

if it feels like there's less movement, maybe you should see your doctor. btw, babies do move less as they get bigger

Really? I always thought they moved more. My OH's mom keeps telling me, "Just wait until he gets bigger and you see feet sticking out of your belly" :haha:

Thank you though!

Thank you girls!

It's most likely you being a busy bee then :thumbup:

Omg I'm actually sooo jealous :haha: I'm trying to get OH to take me to see it, I've even made him watch the previous 3 just so he knows what's going on! :haha:

Lmao I made OH go with me! But he had no idea what was going on :dohh: I should have made him watch the other 3 too lol I might make him watch the previous 3 tomorrow when I go over to his house :haha:

You should go see it though! I'm not a huge fan of Twilight, but it was a pretty good movie, I just personally preferred the books over the movies haha

He hun:)The only advice i would give is,you know your own body.If it doesnt feel right for you then i would even just ring your doc and explain and see what they say.It cant do any harm ringing them,it will put your mind at ease.Better being safe than sorry :) xoxoxox

If you're really worried, ring up.
When I was about 21 weeks I'd go a couple of days without feeling anything at all and then she'd kick like normal.
Now when she's really lively it's so uncomfy :haha:

I think I'll call just to be on the safe side. :flower: Thank you ladies

Lmao I made OH go with me! But he had no idea what was going on :dohh: I should have made him watch the other 3 too lol I might make him watch the previous 3 tomorrow when I go over to his house :haha:

You should go see it though! I'm not a huge fan of Twilight, but it was a pretty good movie, I just personally preferred the books over the movies haha

I thought he was gonna hate it but he even said himself "for films about gay vampires they weren't that bad" :haha: I was sooo disappointed when I watched the first film as the books are soooo much better. Each film improves as the directors get better :haha:

Just gotta get OH into cartoons now that I've got him into twilight :haha: he hates them :O I love em haha can't wait til Oakley starts watching tv I'll have an excuse to watch all the kiddy programs :blush:

I thought he was gonna hate it but he even said himself "for films about gay vampires they weren't that bad" :haha: I was sooo disappointed when I watched the first film as the books are soooo much better. Each film improves as the directors get better :haha:

Just gotta get OH into cartoons now that I've got him into twilight :haha: he hates them :O I love em haha can't wait til Oakley starts watching tv I'll have an excuse to watch all the kiddy programs :blush:

LMAO me too! I'm so using Alex as an excuse. I watch all the cartoons my little sisters watch, like "Adventure Time", "The Amazing World of Gumball", etc. Everytime I try watching them at his house he changes the channel. But in March I will have an excuse :haha:

LMAO me too! I'm so using Alex as an excuse. I watch all the cartoons my little sisters watch, like "Adventure Time", "The Amazing World of Gumball", etc. Everytime I try watching them at his house he changes the channel. But in March I will have an excuse :haha:

me and OH watch 'In The Night Garden' :blush: we wanted to go to the live show but thought that might be abit much haha they best do another one next year when we have an excuse to go :haha:

me and OH watch 'In The Night Garden' :blush: we wanted to go to the live show but thought that might be abit much haha they best do another one next year when we have an excuse to go :haha:

I watch that one sometimes too, not even going to lie! I watch everything my sisters watch. Even like "Team Umizoomi" and everything. I seriously can't wait until my son is born and have a legit excuse to sit and watch them with him! :haha:

Omg I love In The Night Garden! :blush: I love the names of everything "Makka Pakka" "Ninky Nonk" and "Pinky Ponk" :haha: the child in me gets all excited when I hear those words :blush:

i love Makka Pakka get all excited when he comes on and does his song :haha:

I've been feeling the EXACT same way lately. The past couple of days, I've only felt him a few times. And this followed a really active day, so it started to worry me. I figure maybe he's facing a different way or just going through a growth spurt or something (I don't know if this is right, but I heard they have long periods of sleep when they hit growth spurts). But I'm glad my baby's not the only one scaring momma. :) Surely everything is fine!

And I am SO glad I'm not the only one excited for an excuse to watch cartoons! :p

Really? I always thought they moved more. My OH's mom keeps telling me, "Just wait until he gets bigger and you see feet sticking out of your belly" :haha:

Thank you though!

I can't wait till this part happens :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"