• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is soy safe to eat?

Ed_are2live

Reaction score
I just found out I am prego 3 days ago and had a MC in October.
I would really like some BOCA nuggets but they are made of soy and I heard it can increase estrogen and thus not be balanced with progestone.
Of course I'm nervous dut to my past MC, so is it okay for me to eat soy products?

Thanks

I would be careful with soy due to the reasons you mentioned but that said OCCASIONAL soy is probably not bad for you. Just don't make it a regular in your diet. I eat miso on occasion.

I've heard a lot of negative things about soy recently. Soy in it's natural unmodified form probably wouldn't be so bad but almost all soy is genetically modified (GMO) and then processed before we get our hands on it it seems. Here's a link that's related to pregnancy in specific-

https://healthybabycode.com/5-myths...-4-soy-is-a-healthy-alternative-to-meat-dairy

I agree with EarthMama, soy is mostly GMO and RoundUp sprayed crop. Processed Soy mimics estrogen. They've banned baby soy products in NZ and Europe as it causes infertility. Your body doesn't need external hormonal influences. You'll be sensitive being pregnant so why bother? Soy that is ok is the raw form like edamame beans as it doesn't have the same effects as processed soybut again, GMO and RoundUP:sick: The US has really strong soy agriculture lobby groups so I don't think they'd ban anything that isn't healthy unless it kills people (which it will never do...just mess with your adrenal/fertility hormones).
Edit, pandi you posted almost at the same time as did, thanks for the link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->