is that your baby?

I took benn to the park when i was pregnant with ellie and some snooty lady said to me shouldnt you have waited til you wasnt a teenager to have another one i wanted to lamp her isad excuse me im 28 and she said opps i thought you was 15!! I still get id'd.

I was getting coffee the other day and someone asked if I was Kathryn's nanny :dohh:

I am bloody 31 years old (well nearly) and people still dont believe I have an 11 year old, I was at Dans school the other day and his friend said "Daniel theres your big sister" !! Lol Dan just said " Huh I dont have a big sister" I should be flattered but it is annoying.

That sounds so sweet! Although, I can see how it would be annoying.... maybe in another decade it'll be more flattering to appear to be your sons sister.

I've never had the problem myself, I've always looked older than I am, rather than younger (ever since I hit puberty, I think I aged aout 5 years overnight... when I was 12 this was EXTREMELY confusing for the 17 year old boys thinking I was about their age... wrong... SO WRONG! I feel very sorry for my single parent dad at the time, it was a rather stressful period for a protective daddy)

Now people tend to place me around the 25 mark, when I'm only 21.... I'm really hoping that when I'm older it'll reverse or something, I dont want to be 35 looking 40something!

I've not had this yet but lots of people say how young I look. I get asked for ID a lot when i'm buying alcohol in the supermarket. I remember once in the pub all my friends got served (some who IMO look a lot younger than me!) and when I asked for a glass of wine the barmaid said "Have you got some ID?" While I was looking round for it in my purse she said "I think you look over 18 but it's Challenge 21." (Challenge 21 is when if someone looks under 21 you have to ID them, even though the drinking age here is 18. It's just to make sure people who are underage but who look older don't get served). I said "Yeah that's fine but i'm 24!" Lol. x

stop complaining!!! Its a compliment.

I used to get people saying that to me, now that I've had my son and lost my figure and am no longer super fit, no one things I'm younger that I am. Hey even Wii Fit tells me I'm 10 years older..... sigh...

I had my son when I was 20 (I'm 33 now) and I remember a lady in a shop telling me my little brother was adorable.

I was like WTF??????? He's my son not my brother ffs!

Mind you, I must look like an old hag now (or my Dad looks young), as if I'm out shopping with him, people always say 'your husband' if they're talking to me, or 'your wife', if they're talking to my Dad.

Fluck offffffff, he's my Dad ffs!

Why do people assume???

No one has ever asked me if Im Ophelias mummy so maybe I look older than I am (19).But then on the other hand a bouncer wouldnt let me into a club on saturday because he didn't believe I was 19 (even with my ID)!!!:shrug:

FFS, i took her to the docs this morning and the doctor asked if i was her mum!!!!

OH says take it as a compliment cos in 10 years time i wont want to look 30! my 16 year old sis looks older than me tho and always has!!

funnily enough tho, the shop round the corner to me does "challenge 25" and i never get ID'd!! odd...

Mind you, I must look like an old hag now (or my Dad looks young), as if I'm out shopping with him, people always say 'your husband' if they're talking to me, or 'your wife', if they're talking to my Dad.

eww this just reminded me of this old man who assumed i was going out with my dad and was looking to see if i had an engagement ring LMFAO...gross!

x

FFS, i took her to the docs this morning and the doctor asked if i was her mum!!!!

OH says take it as a compliment cos in 10 years time i wont want to look 30! my 16 year old sis looks older than me tho and always has!!

funnily enough tho, the shop round the corner to me does "challenge 25" and i never get ID'd!! odd...

:rofl::rofl:

Honestly, I am sure the comments are annoying :)

But I look back when I was 18 and got ID'd for going to bars. I used to get so pissed off about it, and now it makes my day when I get ID'd. My response, "Sure! Here's my drivers license." I am 2 months away from 40.

eww this just reminded me of this old man who assumed i was going out with my dad and was looking to see if i had an engagement ring LMFAO...gross!

x

It's horrible isn't it! I wouldn't mind anyone else, but not with my Dad for Christ sake! :dohh::rofl::rofl:

That reminds me lol, last week I went the Docs and OH came with me. Walked into the Docs room and Doc said 'brought Dad with you?' My gob hit the floor and I said Noooooooo he's my fiance!!

Doc said 'No Dear, I meant Dad of the baby!'

Doh! :dohh:

x

It's horrible isn't it! I wouldn't mind anyone else, but not with my Dad for Christ sake! :dohh::rofl::rofl:

That reminds me lol, last week I went the Docs and OH came with me. Walked into the Docs room and Doc said 'brought Dad with you?' My gob hit the floor and I said Noooooooo he's my fiance!!

Doc said 'No Dear, I meant Dad of the baby!'

Doh! :dohh:

Lol, that's really funny!!! :rofl: :rofl:

I'm sorry ladies but I have no sympathy for you! I have had the reverse and believe me its alot worse:cry:

I have a 14 yr old daughter and when I went for a scan at the hospital she came with me. When the midwife came out she sat down next to my daughter and started telling her what she had to do next etc I was fuming!! LOL. I have given up now though because since I've had Eva things have got worse. When we are out people always say things like Oh shes just like her mum etc to my daughter!

So can the person who REALLY deserves the sympathy get some please!!:rofl:

Omg hun I get this seriously almost EVERY time I go out!! I'm 19 but look younger and i'm always getting "oh, are they yours?", nope sorry I just borrowed someones kids for the day to see what i'd be like!! Uh gets very annoying though!!

I'm sorry ladies but I have no sympathy for you! I have had the reverse and believe me its alot worse:cry:

I have a 14 yr old daughter and when I went for a scan at the hospital she came with me. When the midwife came out she sat down next to my daughter and started telling her what she had to do next etc I was fuming!! LOL. I have given up now though because since I've had Eva things have got worse. When we are out people always say things like Oh shes just like her mum etc to my daughter!

:rofl: Wow I can totally see how that can get very annoying!!!! :hugs:

:dohh: You can have my sympathy! :hug:

Your daughter probably feels pretty chuffed though. I loved it when adults thought I was older than I was when I was a teenager! :blush:

Actually, you hope they're assuming she's older than she is, otherwise, she could also take offense at what they're implying!

x

When in-laws come over around xmas time, sometimes we go shopping and i would walk with FIL and OH walks with his mom and we separate so can buy presents.
and some people think FIL is my baby's father
this woman said "oh! your baby just looks like his dad" :gun:
I said "yes he does, but he's not his dad. He's the grandfather":grr:

I know, I've gotten that! lol whenever they ask "is that your baby?" I just say "no I stole her" lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->