Is the egg coming or not?

Orglethorp

Reaction score
AF came 1 day early at the end of last cycle, so when my temps and CM didn't indicate that O would happen right on time I wasn't worried; figured it was going to come "a day late" on the day it should have been had last cycle been a day longer.

But now it's 3 days late. It was due Sunday (CD23 of usual 36) give or take a day. Today is CD26.

My BBT has been 36.1 (Celsius) the last 3 days in a row, which is within my pre-O average, though my temps this month have wandered up and down more than usual (35.8-36.2 rather than the more common 35.9-36.1).

I have not seen EWCM yet, and it was even quite dry yesterday, but the 3 days leading up to my expected O day were my usual pre-O nearly-EWCM.

My cervix is high/firm/closed most days pre-O and will occasionally drop a little lower, becoming a little softer, and/or open a little for just 1 morning in the 1-4 days pre-O, and then again just once on O day or 1dpo, before going back to being H/F/C.

This cycle, it's been slightly open since my expected O-day all 4 mornings so far, and also slightly lower and/or softer. It hasn't closed up and gone back to it's high & firm state.

I did not get any of my usual pre-O symptoms leading up to my expected O day, but I've had cramps come and go since CD24 (1 day late for O) and since yesterday evening I feel like AF is coming.

(No, I don't use opk)

I usually has 36-days cycles with O on CD23. Since I started tracking my cycles, length has only ever been 35-37 and O has been off by 1 day once.

I do seem to have been fighting a cold this cycle, but nothing serious, and I haven't had any major changes in my daily routines or anything like that.

Anyone else who's ever had a very late ovulation or an anovulatory cycle, was your cycle like this? What was your result?

TL;DR: O 3 days late, feel life AF is coming, help!

Do you happen to have your chart on hand? I can never figure out temps without looking at a chart.

I have PCOS so I have had really late ovulation or none at all. I can't say if any of my symptoms were the same as I dont check my cervix at all. But I do remember having mostly watery CM during those times (but I also dont see much EWCM in general)

Either way, I would be interested to see your chart. When I got pregnant with my ectopic, I actually had no sign of ovulation at ALL but I obviously did as I got pregnant. So, it can happen where temps dont shift but you still ovulate.

https://i57.tinypic.com/qpfgck.png​

Dark Purple Line = this cycle
Thin Blue Line = average of previous 4 cycles
Horizontal Red Line = reference, 36.2 Celsius
Vertical Red Line = expected ovulation @ CD23
Blips on the horizontal red line are BD markers

As you can see, no only is there no sign ovulation, it has been exactly 36.1 every morning since CD24, which should have been 1dpo.

Edit- the 2 dips to 35.8 are the first and second time I've ever seen my temps go that low. Some cycles I also don't see it go up to 36.2 pre-O either (some cycles stay between 35.9-36.1). Both of those 35.8 dips were the morning following having more than 1 cooler to drink the evening before. I do have a couple drinks any night we're at the cabin (at least twice a month) as long as I'm not in my TWW, so it's a little odd to me that I only just saw a correlating dip this cycle.

Edit #2- I have tried taking my temperature at different times / temping the palm of my hand / etc. to test the thermometer and it appears to be working fine. The consistent morning temp is not the thermometer's fault.

TMI, but I've been feeling quite wet for a couple hours now and I just gave in and checked only to find that I'm absolutely dripping with fantastic looking EWCM right now! I don't want to get my hopes up, but maybe it's gonna happen very soon?

(Also wanted to add that I did a PAOS test 2 days ago just to quiet that little voice in my head that was asking what if, and got BFN)

Hmmm yeah, I have no idea! It sounds like it could be happening soon O:

I just noticed that today's EWCM seems to line up with the timing of my usual post-O estrogen surge, which typically produces a temp dip on CD30/31. Today is CD28. I wonder if I'm getting another ovulation attemp here, or if my body's just doing what it would normally do had I actually ovulated.

Hiya :) So, clearly you haven't Oed (yet) and late ovulation is quite common. Happened to me this cycle - 5 days later than usual. I actually thought I had a dud batch of OPKs but then suddenly they became clear +s for CD15-16, which is usually after O has come and gone. Apparently your O day can vary due to lots of factors and it's OK. It's your luteal phase (the days between O and AF) that shouldn't vary by more than a day or possibly two each cycle, but it can every now and then and it's still ok. As for being a day late for AF, that just means your luteal phase was a bit longer, but once AF came your body resets and you should have expected to O on the usual day... FX you do in a day or two - I bet you will. Just keep temping and checking CM and BDing!

My LP is quite reliable 13-15 days :)

I just hope that if this is a dud cycle that AF is either "on time" (I know it's a different bleed for anovulatory cycles and doesn't necessarily come within a normal time frame) or at least 10 days "late." I'm scheduled to be out of province June 11-16 and if this cycle and the next end up being my usual 36 days then 2 cycles from now I'll be due to ovulate on June 9th. If this cycle is just a couple days longer and we don't catch the egg this month or in May, then I won't be with OH at the right time during that cycle.

I was also really, really hoping this cycle would be it, because we don't want to announce our pregnancy until at least 8 weeks, but that trip in June is to attend my sister's university graduation. Even if we miss this cycle and catch the egg in May, I'll only be 4-5 weeks along then!

Yes, trying to time things and BD in that narrow window is so frustrating, then add irregular cycles and UGH!! Case in point, when DH and I planned our big annual romantic vacation for this year, we booked it the week of my fertile days since we knew we'd be DTD all the time anyway. Well, then I had a few wonky cycles and now not a single day of the vacation is during a fertile time... at this point I am just hoping AF isn't starting at the end of it! And when I went home for the holidays and DH couldn't come because of work, my fertile window began the day after I left, and I Oed the day before I came home. SERIOUSLY?! FX so tight for you. I wish you tested so I could "keep watch" lol.

I ordered some opks but being that I live on an island, they probably won't get here in time to be useful this round.

The gush of EWCM I noticed earlier has become a lot thicker/stickier (no longer as stretchy or plentiful) like it was this morning.

Sometimes I don't get much of any EWCM, so I use Preseed lube to mimic it during the fertile window. I'm getting old and drying up or something!

I usually see EWCM on O-day or the day before (I guess it depends what time of day ovulation actually happens) and then lots of wet, watery CM for 2 days (not stretchy but also not thick & sticky). I've heard lots of watery CM is also fertile, so I haven't really worried about it yet.

I'm just new to this (month 2) just started testing. And am also having a hard time determining if I O'd or not. I don't really know the difference between Ew and watery cm. does this generally happen all day for you ladies or just in 1 swoosh hahah (can't think of better word). Mine happens after going to the bathroom this month. Not sure if that's normally or not. I just started temping so it's not very accurate yet.

Normally I'm not checking throughout the day, so I'm honestly not sure, but I rarely see EWCM 2 mornings in a row so I guess that means it doesn't last long.

My updated chart, CD31
https://i57.tinypic.com/24v2l3r.png

Again, this cycle is the first I've ever seen 35.8 C in the mornings. The 1st & 2nd 35.8 dip were cabin mornings following 2+ drinks the night before, so I thought I was just seeing a correlation, but yesterday's 35.8 was seen at home and no drinking at all has taken place in over a week! The night before that last 35.8 I temped just before bed (after being very still & chill on the couch for a couple hours) and saw 35.6 :o

So today (would be 9dpo if I'd ovulated at my usual time) has jumped from 35.8 to 36.2, which is a great 0.4 spike that makes me hope I'm now in the TWW, but I'm hesitant to think that because it's only 36.2 (normally my 1dpo is 36.3 and then by 3dpo it's 36.4+ the rest of the time, but then again that's normally rising from 35.9/36.0), and this cycle's just been so weird. This latest dip also lines up perfectly (as you can see by the averages line) with my normal 8dpo secondary oestrogen surge during my normal cycles. :shrug:

Chart Legend:
- Purple (thick): This cycle
- Blue (thin): Average of charted cycles 1-4
- Red horizontal: 36.2 "cover line" / reference line (usually serves well as a cover line) with blips to mark BD nights
- Red vertical line: CD23 (normal ovulation day)

Wow I must just have a high basal temp (compared to you orglethorp). My pre ov temp was 36.48-36.5ish and today raised to 36.64. It was the first real rise I have noticed.

There's a family history of slightly under-active thyroid issues in my family, so my temps are probably a little low, but since up until now I've still seen a clear, sustained shift I haven't worried about it.

I just assume mine is high because I move a lot in my sleep. Not sure if I'm ever really still like they suggest.

I'm definitely not a still sleeper either. I don't think that really matters!

When I started temping I was keeping the thermometer in the bathroom and walking the 10ish steps there before I took my temperature, and then I read that you're supposed to do it before getting out of bed and I thought oh crap, I've messed it up. Then I started temping before I got out of the bed and noticed no significant difference. I experimented a few mornings (re-taking the temperature again a few minutes later) and it takes about 5 minutes of my getting ready routine before I see a shift. I've also noticed that my evening temperature (anywhere from 8-11pm) is often within 0.1 degree of the morning's BBT reading if I've been sitting on the couch with my laptop / watching something for a couple hours at that point, and the walk from the living room to the bedroom to get the thermometer doesn't have an effect then, either.

Mid-day is a whole different story, though. Even on my days off when I'm doing absolutely nothing, my 12-1ish temperature (I've checked before!) is at least 0.6 higher than the BBT.

Great to know :) thanks for sharing that orglethorp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->