• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is the name "Emily" too popular? Elise too hissy?

Biotechick829

Reaction score
We have 4 weeks to go and still haven't decided on a name for our 3rd girl.

DH and I really brainstormed and the only names we agree now are Emily and Elise. Our last name is McInnes, so I worry about Elise being too hissy, but at the same time I worry that Emily is too popular. DH does not like any other E names that made my short list: Emmeline, Emma, Eloise, etc.

What are your thoughts?

I don't think Elise is too hissy with your surname. That being said, I do prefer the combination of Emily McInnes :) It just sounds like it was meant to be together, you know? I can't explain it, but some names and surnames just 'work' together more than others.

The name Emily is very popular indeed, but I don't think Elise is far behind... I personally wouldn't really mind.

I don't think Elise McInnes sounds out of the ordinary at all but I do prefer Emily over Elise.

Emily is popular but it's always been popular. I think that just means it's a good name, so wouldn't bother me personally (same goes for any other classic name that tends to top the charts). I have a super common name for my age group and grew up with multiple girls with the same name but it never bothered me.

I think Emily goes better with your last name 💛

I think Emily goes really well. One of my favourite names :)

Thank you so much, ladies!!!:flower:Your comments helped so much. Our baby girl finally has a name - Emily!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Love the name Emily, its also on our list xx

I don't think Elise McInnes sounds out of the ordinary at all but I do prefer Emily over Elise.

Emily is popular but it's always been popular. I think that just means it's a good name, so wouldn't bother me personally (same goes for any other classic name that tends to top the charts). I have a super common name for my age group and grew up with multiple girls with the same name but it never bothered me.

Same as this. My kids all have popular names also and it hasn't caused any issues so far!

Emily would be my choice out of those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->