• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Is the name we've chosen really that bad???

jessie_m

Mom to Aubrey and Max
Reaction score
We havent picked out a first name yet, but if the baby is a boy we want his middle name to be Ignatious (ig-nay-shus) after my grandpa who is just the most wonderful man. Every time people ask about names and i tell them they have that look on their face as if i wiped poo under their nose and they say 'really?' yes really! Its our baby and we love my grandpa and we love the name and how unique it is!
Honest opinions... Is it really that bad?

hh well, its up to YOU what you choose, to hell with other peoples opinions. It is a name that would probably get him some stick at school if it were his first name (just my opinion tho)... however, as a second name ... why not??? It is to honour someone very special. I know a kid whose middle name is Mildred to honour a special grandparent and that in my opinion is WAY worse than Ignatious... and guess what, her mummy doesn't CARE :)

i say go for it :) why shouldnt you be proud of someone who means so much to you.

If it was a first name i would probably agree it is a little toooo unusual, but hey its a middle name and who really uses them these days? Its just a little something special for your baby and you to keep someone extra close in your memory :)

Good luck :)

xx

I think sod them! It is a very unusual name but would be a middle name and so he could choose whether or not he wanted to tell people. It is a lovely compliment for your Grandfather.
Don't let people put you off.

It is yours and your OH's personal choice, not anyone elses.

I quite like it :happydance:

I agree that its too unusual for a first name but we kind of like the ring to a name like Liam Ignatious (OH ended up saying no to it) but i think it sounds nice as a middle name! I think im just going to do what some others have done and not tell names until the baby is born.

I really like it :) I think having an unusual middle name is totally fine. Yeah for a 1st name you have to think about the teasing factor but actually I'm not sure kids would tease over a name like that, sometimes kids just accept things. Anyway for a middle name I say :thumbup:

I remember telling my friend we were thinking of the name Aiden and she burst out laughing saying it sounded like hearing aid? No idea why she thought that! but it didnt upset me because i thought it's MY BABY! Sod what everyone else thinks! It's your baby and I'm sure there are lots if people who will think it's quirky xxxxx

I think it's a grand name! It has history to it.

I quite like that name as well. :flower: Don't let anyone change your mind. :hugs:

I like it a lot, and it's a middle name so it's not like he'll have to use it if he doesn't want to!

honest answer - when i first read the name i thought 'WHAT?' but then i got to reading your explanation of it and thought 'oh actually that is really lovely'

i say go for it. your child may not thank you for it but that would depend on how you brought them up. if you bring them up to know what a wonderful man your grandfather was and how proud you are and your child should be, hopefully that would rub off on your child :)

dont worry what other people think though x

I love it! I even like it as a first name, they could be callled Iggy for short :thumbup:

At the end of the day it's noone elses decision but you and your partners what to call your baby.

yeah i was thinking about iggy aswell. i like iggy a lot :)

Dont be silly its your baby you name it and any how i like it :) xx

The best thing to do it just dont tell anyone any names until baby is born, they will rarely 'snub' the name then cause that would be insulting the baby :hugs: x

I wonder if you waited until he was born and told people, would they have the same reaction?? I highly doubt it. There probably will be a few people who feel the need to pass comment but it's your baby and even if you called him Hitler, it's no-one elses business!

It's an unusual name but it's alot better than some names out there! Lol xxx

Our name is Aaron and all anyone can ever say is, "Isnt that a girls name?" Im like well, we are spelling it with 2 "A"s so its a boys name. If it was Erin it would be a girls name. And theyre always just like "ohhhh...."

Point is- Put your middle finger up. Its your baby, keep the name you like!! :D

aaran? a girls name? dont know what names you have over there but over here in the uk i have never heard a girl called aaran - its a boys name! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"