Is there a certain time of day to take opk?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
I know you should take it around the same time every day.... But is there a better time to take it? Fmu? Mid day? Bed time?
Yesterday I took my first one around 1:00 pm ....Thanks!!

Anything besides Fmu should be fine. Afternoon is generally thought to be best. When you get close to o you may want to do two a day so you don't miss a quick surge. Do them about 8 hours apart. Good luck!

Also.... I'm on cd 12 , is there a reason it may be lighter than yesterday's ??

I know you should take it around the same time every day.... But is there a better time to take it? Fmu? Mid day? Bed time?
Yesterday I took my first one around 1:00 pm ....Thanks!!

With my second I used opk's and FMU...I got pregnant the first try so I think it depends on the brand of opk (I used First Response).

Your urine my have been diluted...did you drink lots before the test? If my urine is light I don't use it to test with an opk, I wait till the urine is darker and then test.

The other reason could be you missed your surge? (but on cd 12 I doubt it)...how many hours between each test?

Your urine my have been diluted...did you drink lots before the test? If my urine is light I don't use it to test with an opk, I wait till the urine is darker and then test.

The other reason could be you missed your surge? (but on cd 12 I doubt it)...how many hours between each test?

^^^ yes. I wouldn't worry about little variations. Chances are good that it will be obvious when it happens.

Thanks ladies!! I took them about 24 hours apart, but yes , my urine was pretty diluted ..... I think I ovulate around cd 15/16 but I haven't done opk in a couple years so I wanted to see if my cycles have changed since.... We have been ttc for a few months now and nothing! Maybe I'm off! So I started on CD 11.... I don't know why I picked 11 lol but I just don't want to miss it just Incase it is off because I'm way earlier than I thought .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->