• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is there anyone who can help my SIL?

Peach Blossom

Mummy to Lili
Reaction score
Hi there,

Sorry to barge in from ttc. I'm not sure if there is anyone on this forum who can help my SIL, but last week my 4 month old nephew was rushed to hospital. He had started breathing wierdly and then turned blue. The ambulance was there very quickly. My nephew was in resus for half an hour and was without a heartbeat for 20 mins. At first they thought he had aspirated on milk, but after a CT scan they don't think that was what happened. He had major brain swelling. He was on a ventilator until Thursday. On Friday my BIL and SIL got the results of the MRI scan and it is showing severe brain damage. It is still early days so they don't know the extent and how permenant it might be. It has been a distressing and heartbreaking week for all the family.

I have been on BnB for 6 months now and the girls on this site have been such a support and comfort to me through everything. I was hoping there were some Mums and Dads out there who may have sadly gone through the same kind of experience as my BIL and SIL who may be of some help to them...

hi my son is under going scans - mri mre and mra due to them thinking he has brain tumor hes a diabetic but is fiting and turning blue... my son died for under aminute and had to be oxygen for a very long time but we found out then he was diabetic but hes under going test now for his fits i dont know to the seriousness of how they are feeling and no 1 will feel the way they did because wen everythink was happening to me i had the opinion that know one feels like me but its seriously distressing and you know this sounds nasty but after my breakdown i started just to get along with things make him feel special because hes really ill like every other week now and it would kill me for him to go but im going to makes shure he has a perfect life first! i love him to bits and the stuff hes going through i couldnt manige it so i dont know how he is but i just wish you and your family the best of luck and hopefuly youll all pull threw and hell be fine but my boys 23months now and they told me he wernt going to make it to his 1st b'day AND IM PLANING HIS 2ND BIRTHDAY PARTY RIGHT NOWWWWWW YEAHHHHH

When those words are said outloud, 'brain damage' it is like the world crumbles.

BUT there is hope. The doctors will always give you worst case scenario, but children, especially as that age are so resilient that they can and do beat the odds.

We were told that DS2 may never walk, but he did at 23 months. It is a long hard journey with any disabled child, but as a parent you find a way to get by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->