Is there REALLY a baby in there??

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm 12 weeks on Thursday and paid for an early scan at 8 weeks, all looked fine and saw heart beat.

Got my NHS scan a week on friday and i'm getting really nervous!! I'm a bit pudgy and i feel like my tummy's grown a bit, but not enough to fit a baby in?? I know it's still tiny but i've seen lots of 12 week scan pics and i still can't believe there's one of them in there!!

Everyone's planning ahead for me, talking about prams and nursery decorations and stuff, and OH has just bought a new car and his dad paid to vomit proof the uphiolstery!! WTF!! It's lovely but i'm still at the disbelieving stage, when will i believe it's all real??

I can't believe i've got to nearly 12 weeks with no bleeding and i'm still preggers to be honest!! I bought some maternity clothes in the sale last weekend but i still feel like a fraud for even owning them!!

Anyone else feeling like this?

xx

I'm still waiting for the shock to wear off and everything to sink in!

You hit the nail on the head though.. I feel like a fraud too when we talk about a baby here for next Christmas.. like it's not really true or that I'm lying!

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Me!!

I've not had any scan at all, debated whether to get a private early one for reassurance but got reassurance from midwife last week that not having many symptoms is fine and as common as being very sick. I've had no signs of any problems (touch wood!) so would have to pay private for an earlier scan.

I have a big tummy (have had this from the start) and do have some pregnancy signs (veins on boobies, gas and bit of constipation :blush:) but I just can't believe it's in there :wacko:

Waiting for my scan date in the post now x

It's crazy isn't it. I just looked at my ticker after that post, it says 'nothing says "i'm pregnant" like chronic constipation' and i cried because i'm chronically constipated so must be ok, oh yeah and the fact that i CRIED RANDOMLY again! I felt quite sick from week 4 to 8, totally off my food really grim, but been feeling a bit better since then, just tired and constipated so i feel a bit less 'pregnant'. I've got a friend who's a week further along from me and she's still REALLY sick and feeling terrible so i every time i speak to her i get a niggle of 'maybe everything's not ok cos i'm not puking!!'

I just wonder if i'll really calm down and accept it after this next scan cos it's the normal scan date when you can start officially announcing it??

I saw a pregnant friend of mine yesterday (she is due in July) and I said about how I was just counting down to my 12 week scan and will likely relax a lot after that. She told me not to bank on it :wacko: She said you do relax a little initially, but then you are waiting for the next scan to see it again, then waiting to feel it move, then you obsess if it doesn't move so much etc etc! I think this is just the start of us worrying about our little ones for the rest of their lives :haha:

Ha! Feel exactly the same.
I went & ordered a Doppler today. I had bleeding from 4-6 weeks so I got a scan at 6 weeks. I dont know what I expected to see but I saw the heartbeat & everything, it was so emotional. Anyway 2 days later nausea struck!!!! For 3 weeks I've felt sick 24/7. Until I turned 9 weeks & I've started feeling better.

Now I'm stressing that it's been 3 weeks since I saw the baby & have another 3 weeks to wait to see it again. Im thinking am I even pregnant now as I don't feel sick. My OH said no to a Doppler because I'll stress when I can't find the heartbeat but stuff him I've bought it anyway :haha:

Your not alone. I didn't fully believe it myself until I had my scan at 8 weeks.

im the same im 10 weeks and have my first app with the midwife on friday, she will be booking me in for my scan then, which i am going to be counting down the days for!!! theres always a cloud of wonder hovering over our heads at this stage and im eager to see my baby on the screen and to know everything is ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->