Is there such a thing?

Srrme

Reaction score
As a Midwife who takes in high-risk patients?

I am determined to have a Midwife next time around, but I'm not even sure it's possible. :shrug: Has anyone done this successfully?

Yes, but I think it depends on the risk. I was considered "high risk" for prior shoulder dystocia baby with birth injury. I was able to qualify for home birth/midwife, as they felt the problem occurred due to hospital error rather than pelvic abnormality. The team of midwives had a meeting and decided. I'm not sure how it works in your state - is there a midwife association?

I don't know! I'll have to look it up.

I'm considered high risk because my first was born at 28.6 weeks, and my second was born at 35 weeks with the help of progesterone injections and cervical scans. I don't know if it's too much to ask. Maybe I can find a Midwife who will work with a Perinatologist.

I don't know! I'll have to look it up.

I'm considered high risk because my first was born at 28.6 weeks, and my second was born at 35 weeks with the help of progesterone injections and cervical scans. I don't know if it's too much to ask. Maybe I can find a Midwife who will work with a Perinatologist.

Midwives in general will not deliver preemies (pre-37 weeks) so if you make it past that mark, I don't see why you should not have a midwife at least working alongside a perinatologist. That is more an issue of your body than the baby, correct? Then if the baby is healthy, a midwife should be able to deliver.

Ask the midwife . I think usuall they don't take high risk patient . Depending on why your other babies were early.

Here a midwife will deliver a baby for you between 35-37 weeks by only in the hospital with an ob right there .

Ask the midwife . I think usuall they don't take high risk patient . Depending on why your other babies were early.

Here a midwife will deliver a baby for you between 35-37 weeks by only in the hospital with an ob right there .

According to my previous Doctor, my first was early due to spontaneous preterm labor, but I think it has something to do with my cervix being irritable. :wacko:

I've found a Midwife I'm going to call and ask. Thanks girls! :flower:

Oh good luck!!! I hope you can get one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->