Is this a BFP? Seems impossible... UPDATE PAGE 3 NOW BFN?

hopingforbean

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
The reason I say it seems impossible is because FF just moved my ovulation day 8 DAYS LATER, and we have not BD'ed since what I thought was my fertile window... Since FF changed my dates, it now puts me at 5 DPO, which is way too early to get a BFP.
We got a Peak reading on CD11 with Clear Blue Advanced Digital OPKs and BD'ed around then. However, we were traveling all over the world right before then, which is why I'm not exactly surprised my ovulation seems to have happened later (based on temps).

Anyway here's what my chart looks like today on Advanced Mode - initially FF put my Ovulation date at CD12, and how has it at CD20....:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5ee034/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

And here's what I got this morning on a Dollar Store test....
https://i.imgur.com/Lh7KAR7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/98U9at1.jpg

So #1 looking at my chart is it even possible that this is a BFP?
And #2 looking at the photos is that even a BFP? It came up before the time window of 3 minutes so I doubt it is an Evap line....

CONFUSED, don't know whether to be happy or write this off as a fluke?? Or am I seeing things that don't exist on the dollar store test and I'm just plain nuts???

It does look like a BFP. I can't be much help with charting since I never temped. Do you have another test?

Hard to say about your chart. It could be wrong from the traveling. It definitely looks like a positive test!

I don't temp/chart so no use there but that looks like a BFP to me! Do you have any other tests you could try? X

Here's the worst part.... took a FRER and BFN :cry:
Sooo this pink line I am staring at in person is just a very cruel joke???

Looks like a BFP to me

I think your temps might be unhelpful this cycle, but going by your +OPKs it looks like you are in the 11-12 DPO range. While possible that you could get an LH surge on CD 11-12 and not ovulate until CD 20 if the first surge was a 'false surge,' I think it's a more likely that something affected your LP temps and that is throwing FF off. I can see why FF put the CH where it put them, but I don't think that this chart is a straightforward one to interpret, so I wouldn't put too much weight on what FF decided.

If it makes you feel better, I had beautiful biphasic charts cycles 1-4 while TTC this baby, and FF marked clear as day ovulation that coincided with both my temps and OPKs on all those charts. But on cycle #5, my temps and OPKs did not tell a consistent story, and fertility friend said that there is no evidence that I ovulated. That's the cycle I got pregnant :)

So I wouldn't put too much clout in an FF ovulation date *unless* the OPKs and temps agree. When they disagree, I have found that it's usually the temps that are off. There really is so much that can affect them!

And if that first test is indeed a $ store, I personally avoid those tests because I have gotten evaps and lines on them while getting BFNs on FRERs and Wondfos. And conversely, when my FRERs were clear as day BFPs getting darker (and hCG was rising as shown by blood tests), I've had $ store tests getting lighter :/

Do you mind sharing a pic of the FRER?

Looks like a BFP to me

I think your temps might be unhelpful this cycle, but going by your +OPKs it looks like you are in the 11-12 DPO range. While possible that you could get an LH surge on CD 11-12 and not ovulate until CD 20 if the first surge was a 'false surge,' I think it's a more likely that something affected your LP temps and that is throwing FF off. I can see why FF put the CH where it put them, but I don't think that this chart is a straightforward one to interpret, so I wouldn't put too much weight on what FF decided.

If it makes you feel better, I had beautiful biphasic charts cycles 1-4 while TTC this baby, and FF marked clear as day ovulation that coincided with both my temps and OPKs on all those charts. But on cycle #5, my temps and OPKs did not tell a consistent story, and fertility friend said that there is no evidence that I ovulated. That's the cycle I got pregnant :)

So I wouldn't put too much clout in an FF ovulation date *unless* the OPKs and temps agree. When they disagree, I have found that it's usually the temps that are off. There really is so much that can affect them!
Ah! Very good to know! I did think it was *possible* that I ovulated late since we traveled to 4 different countries ... but I'm typically fairly consistent. My longest cycle in recent memory was 29 days. I'm usually 26-27. So AF should come tomorrow or Weds, but FF is saying she won't arrive until next Wednesday, CD 33... which would be unusual for me. Temping has caused more headache and confusion than it seems to be worth (just speaking for me personally).
So this is helpful!
& yes, I will go take a pic of the FRER. It's white as snow but I'll show ya anyway :winkwink:

And if that first test is indeed a $ store, I personally avoid those tests because I have gotten evaps and lines on them while getting BFNs on FRERs and Wondfos. And conversely, when my FRERs were clear as day BFPs getting darker (and hCG was rising as shown by blood tests), I've had $ store tests getting lighter :/

Do you mind sharing a pic of the FRER?

Here ya go ... nada!! Meanwhile I am staring the pink line on my dollar store test in the face! So frustrating

https://i.imgur.com/BIG0VP8.jpg

Haha I totally see something faint on the FRER. Hoping it's not just line eye though!

For kicks can you take a second $ store and see if it gets a similar line?

Haha I totally see something faint on the FRER. Hoping it's not just line eye though!
Whaaaat? I swear I see nothing! Argh

Just took another dollar store test with afternoon pee... and now I swear I see nothing again :cry:
https://imgur.com/zdLn406.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/RQYPf0k.jpg

I'm not seeing anything on that one either. Darn $ store tests!!!

Was the first $ store with FMU? Maybe that's why it had a line but this one didn't? And something was definitely catching my eye with the FRER, BUT I have burned by FRERs too. Visible lines but betas < 1 mIU/mL :(

It's so hard in these early days!

I'm not seeing anything on that one either. Darn $ store tests!!!

Was the first $ store with FMU? Maybe that's why it had a line but this one didn't? And something was definitely catching my eye with the FRER, BUT I have burned by FRERs too. Visible lines but betas < 1 mIU/mL :(

It's so hard in these early days!
Yep, first $ store test was FMU. So was the FRER, with the same urine, about 10 mins later.
Grrrrr. Guess we shall see tomorrow and hopefully have more of an answer. I have no idea which emotion to decide on! Happy or sad! Lol :dohh:

Wow how confusing!
I do see something faint on that second FRER though.
I've got my fingers crossed for you.

I have definitely gotten BFP followed by BFN patterns in very early pregnancy--it happened with both DD and DS! So much affects urine concentration in the early days, don't give up hope yet :)

FX for you! I got one positive and two negatives the day I got my faint BFP.

Wow how confusing!
I do see something faint on that second FRER though.
I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Really?! I swear I see nothing lol
Argh I keep getting my hopes up! Wish it was tomorrow already so I could test again :dohh:

I have definitely gotten BFP followed by BFN patterns in very early pregnancy--it happened with both DD and DS! So much affects urine concentration in the early days, don't give up hope yet :)

Also great to know!! Ok, I'll keep up the PMA - Positive Mental Attitude - thank you! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->