Is this a bizarre pregnancy symptom??

mspotter

Mummy!!
Reaction score
The skin on my hands is falling off!!
Its gone really dry, flaky and sore and patches are coming off :nope:

It started prob a week ago and im going through handcream like theres no tomorrow!!
Anyone else had this?

I've noticed my skin is more sensitive, I keep on getting a rash on my hands and have discovered its from the dish washing liquid that I've been using for at least 2 years - can you think of anything that triggers it? I changed detergent and its so much better now

My hands are terrible, I use l'occitane dry skin hand cream it's really thick but works wonders. Bit expensive my mil buys it me xx

I have terrible dry skin on my hands like never before. You can get gloves to go on overnight, after you've moisturised. Seems to help me.

My hands are dry too... sucks but just moisturize:)

My hands are soo rough sore and cracked but i think its mostly from washing them so much. i moisturise a lot but it doesnt seem to make much difference.

I agree its prob from washing them so much!
I'v got some no.7 hand saviour scrub type stuff that hubs uses on his dry hands so i'l give that a try and follow it up with a stack of handcream.
Did you mean the white cotton gloves? I used to have some but cant find them, i'l be getting more tomoz!

I've had really rough skin on my elbows since the middle of the 1st trimester & have to moisturise them constantly. Yours is worse than mine and does sound strange, though I've had sensitive teeth caused by pregnancy hormones so a lot of weird things do happen to us.

skin falling off? are you itchy? i'm sure it's just some random thing, but i'd rule out obstetric cholestasis. i think there's a thread about it at the top of this forum.

I'd mention it as things like that can signal a deeper problem. Chances are its fine, but you never know x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->