Is this a good deal?

MandaAnda

Reaction score
Well, I got impatient waiting for someone to get back to me about a nappy trial, so I've decided to trial some myself! :thumbup:

I've bought a pack of (brand new) x5 Kushies Ultras for £24.50, including postage. Is there anything else I need to use these? And was this a good buy?

No need for anything else with kushies but they arent as good a brand as bumgenius or as pretty as ebay cheapies etc in my opinion. I sold some kushies on cos I didnt like them. But everyones different and the only way you will know is to try them :)

Thanks. I just thought they were a good price for five new nappies and needed to start my cloth experience somewhere. I think I'll get the x16 nappies that you choose from 97kgallery if I'm still happy with the idea of cloth after using these.

As my husband is going to be looking after the baby once I'm back at work in a couple of weeks (I'll work three 12-hour days/week), I need nappies he'll be happy with, and AIOs seem to fit the bill. I will try to get some BGs once he's properly sold on cloth, as I really like the look of them and what I hear about them - I just can't justify the cost of BGs at the moment!

Thing is in all honest if you use a not so good brand to start with and they leak etc that could put you off the idea of cloth being any good which means you then wouldnt decide to try any others, if you see what I mean?

Cloth nappy tree is really good for getting nappies in excellent used condition to try without laying out lots of money :)

Yes, I see what you mean. I have looked on clothnappytree, and the AIOs still seemed pricey to me. Maybe I need to look more.

Depends on what you consider pricey if someone is selling bg's for £9/£10 including postage that means they are letting them go for £7/£8 second hand which isnt bad when they cost £13/£14 new but I understand what you mean about outlaying if you dont get on with them. What I would say though is its pretty easy to resell on nappies and make your money back, which is worth baring in mind :)

Depends on what you consider pricey if someone is selling bg's for £9/£10 including postage that means they are letting them go for £7/£8 second hand which isnt bad when they cost £13/£14 new but I understand what you mean about outlaying if you dont get on with them. What I would say though is its pretty easy to resell on nappies and make your money back, which is worth baring in mind :)

That's exactly what I told DH when I bought these Kushies. If we don't get on with them, it looks like we can recuperate our money pretty well.

I'll have to keep an eye on the BGs on there then. I do like some of the pricey, pretty things that all the girls are addicted to, but I'm going to try really hard to keep my practical head on. :haha:

I got some preloved kushies and they didnt seem to wash and wear well. They were crunchy and grey and didn't seem absorbent. Go for the eBay cheapies!

I got some preloved kushies and they didnt seem to wash and wear well. They were crunchy and grey and didn't seem absorbent. Go for the eBay cheapies!

I've already got the Kushies (they're brand new though), so I can't go back on it. I'm going to buy a preloved ebay cheapy to try them out. I've also found some BGs and Pop-Ins on clothnappytree, so I'm going to keep my eye on that site and try to sneak a few in past the DH! :haha:

My Auntie uses Kushie and she loves them
I think it just depends on the person and
How heavy of a wetter the baby is.
But I am also so new to think I might be wrong.

The best AIO my team has found is the Tots Bots Easyfix fluffle, but AIO's are always an expensive option, as it means you have to have the same number of waterproofs as absorbent part, as they are of course all in one! Yo don't need nearly as many waterproofs if you have separate or pocket nappies, so that in itself makes them cheaper systems to use. The biggest problem with kushies, is that they use PVC not PUL for waterproofing, which means they go crunchy, do not breathe and are hot and uncomfortable. That's apart from the fact that they also use cotton flannelete as the absorbent bit. Sadly Kushies is one of the massive original shaped nappy companies, only interested in profit, has put all it's money into marketing, and has not updated their nappies as technical options and fabric range have increased. The best advice I can give is don't be put off if they don't work, because there are some excellent nappies out there!

As far as trials are concerned, I will always deal with trial enquiries within 24 hours, and usually well within 24 hours. You can trial whatever you wish of my stock. PM me if you want to go further with this. Trials can be sent out by post, so you don't need to be near me, and I will go through a personal advisory session with you online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->