Is this a normal cycle? So confused!

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
I had a depo shot in May, and never renewed it, so I have been waiting for my cycles to regulate since August.
Ever since 14 weeks past my last depo shot, we have used the withdrawal method for contraception. We are happy with the risks of this method, and are aware it may not always be 100% effective.
I had some small/light spotting irregularly in the months since depo, with irregular cramping too. On the 2nd of November, the cramping and bleeding increased to a proper period,, which lasted 6 days.
Since my period left, I have been increasingly needing to wee (several times during the night) and today I have what feels like mild period pain and a tiny amount of pale peachy coloured spotting.
I don't have a bladder infection as I suffer from them anyway and this pain is different, plus there is no pain when I pass urine, plus with ny bladder infections I just feel like I need to pee and then don't pass anything, whereas just now I actually have an increased volume of urine.
I did a pregnancy test just before my period which was negative.
Could this be ovulation, or another period coming?
Just looking to see if anyone has any insight

I would wait until you are officially late then test again, it is possible.

Sounds like ovulation to me. I haven't had all those symptoms myself but I have read ladies' posts on here that say they spot during O and also get cramps and period-type symptoms. I get some cramps but they are very mild.
Also, today would be CD15 in your cycle if I counted right. That's a normal time to O. If that's the case, then your period should arrive in 10-16 days (average is 14).

On the increased urination. I have increased my water intake drastically the last few months to get to where I drink the recommended amount a day. I've been at the correct amount for 3 months. That being said, I notice an increased need to urinate before I ovulate. Not sure why. I notice more bathroom breaks and urgency pre-ovulation. I don't have that everyday pre-O but it's noticeable when I do. (The urgency especially). Then it goes away til the next cycle.
I am still concerned about the urgency though and I'd advise you to keep a close tab on your situation. Maybe keep a journal of the days it's bad and think back on how much you drank that day and other contributors. I plan to mention it to my doctor on my next visit just in case it's an issue. Better safe than sorry!
Good luck!

Oh, I should have mentioned that I haven't been on depo ever, so my experiences aren't related to coming off birth control. Reading posts about depo from other ladies makes it sound like it takes some people quite awhile to regulate back to a regular cycle.
I also recommend temping and opk tests. It gives me peace of mind when I can pinpoint the most fertile days.
Ok. That's all.:winkwink:

maybe the spotting is implantation? give it a week then test again! good luck :)

I am pretty sure it isn't pregnancy! It is way too early in my cycle (symptoms started a few days after period) - although I have been having strange dreams like I did really early on with both my pregnancies. I actually dreamed I did a test and it was positive!
My guess is that I am probably ovulating just now and that is what is causing the cramp and spotting. It has been so long since I had a natural cycle that I can't remember!

Okay, update, I am now having another full blown period. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->