• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is this a normal sleep schedule for 4 months?

Ashley1012

Reaction score
Ds will be 4 months on the 12th. Ds1 didn't sleep through the night until 2 years, so I'm trying my best to create a decent sleeper!

I've been trying to put him down drowsy but awake, and he would always scream. Up until today, he fell asleep without any rocking or feeding twice! Yay!

He usually falls asleep between 7-8, after a 4 oz bottle.

He wakes again between 11-12, has another 4-5 ozs, then sleeps about 12:30-3:30, then up again at 6 for the day if it's a day I work. If I don't work, he has another bottle at 6, and sleeps until big brother wakes us up which is about 7:30-8.

Is this average? He won't sleep in his crib, he has to be in bed with me, which I don't enjoy, but I think we will work on it later. Any tips, tricks or just advice?

My daughter is 4.5 months and won't self settle either. We are rocking or feeding to sleep although like you I'm trying to put her down drowsy to get her to settle herself.

My daughter has larger bottles which may help the sleeping longer? She will usually have either 6-7ozs per feed and the nighttime and first thing in the morning ones are either 7-8oz. Could you try larger bottles?

My grandson will be 4 months on the 18th, when I keep him he has a 8-9oz bottle at 8pm, another 8ozs bottle at between 11-12pm then thats usually him until about 7-8am when he will have another 8-9oz bottle, he had a growth spurt recently and for a few days he was waking up at 3-4am for an extra feed.

I was thinking that! We are still on 0 month plus nipples, and I think he may be ready for 3 month ones. He had lots of trouble gulping in the early stages.

My daughter used to sleep well from a few weeks old. She would have bottle at 5am 9am 1pm 5pm and then around 10 pm she had a final feed.

In all honesty i think there's no such thing as a normal routine. Your son sounds fine but obviously you must be tired! I have always made sure my dd has routine as in pjs on get cosy and it just sort of happened itself. She never came into
Our bed till she was around ten months then she had a few weeks off wanting to be with us.

My honest advice is keep encouraging a bedtime routine. When he is on sids i guess he will change. Or try a dream feed perhaps to keep him going fir longer. We used to give dd a 4oz feed even at 10 months when we went up to bed to top her up.

Also we used white noise. It worked for us and massively helped with settling her.

I think in time it will change for the better. Good luck mummy xx

We switched out the bottle nipples today to medium flow, which is 3 months recommended. He finished a whole six ounce bottle, and has been napping for a while. Maybe he just was getting tired of sucking for so long? It always took him forever to finish four ounces, and he finished 6 in no time, with a couple burps in between. I'll see how it effects his sleep tonight!

My 4 month old has 6oz every 3 hours in the day and then goes to bed at 8.30-9pm and then will sleep til around 5 has a bottle n goes back to sleep til 9 most days, odd night she will sleep later than 5. Can't complain she is good n I've never had her in bed with me (personal reasons due to cot death in family) but she loves her gro bag in her crib n ewan the sheep! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->