Is this a positive or will I ever get a positive :(

court.

Trying to stay positive
Reaction score
Does this look positive to you ?
This is my first time doing OPK'S so I have no idea what to look for.
Goes from CD 18-22.
My cycles are always irregular so I don't even think I ovulate.
Is it possible to get near a positive then never actually get a positive?

Left side control line right side test line.

Attachments

• cd18-22.jpg
    cd18-22.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 111
These ALL look like positives to me :D

The first one I'm not sure what happened to it but the dye ran.
The last 2 look the closest to being a positive to me BUT I thought the line was suppose to be just as dark as the control line or darker :s
I'm so confused and so worried I don't even ovulate.

Thank you :)

Is the bottom one from today? Looks very close to + there, but just not quite! xx

Is it possible to get close to a positive and then never get one ?

Is it possible to get close to a positive and then never get one ?

some people never get a + opk, but still ovulate! Some people need OPKs which are more sensetive too :flower:

Also, what time are you testing?

I'm testing around mid morning sometimes very first thing in the morning. I work shift work so it's hard to test at certain times and at the same times everyday.
Thank you so much for your help.
Im currently taking vitex ( this is the first month ) I'm really hoping it will help shorten my cycles.

I'm testing around mid morning sometimes very first thing in the morning. I work shift work so it's hard to test at certain times and at the same times everyday.
Thank you so much for your help.
Im currently taking vitex ( this is the first month ) I'm really hoping it will help shorten my cycles.

If you can, try and test around 2pm, know it may not be possible but this is when you will get the best results. You may miss your surge (and therefore a + result) by testing in the morning. Loads of Luck xxxx

i would try and test twice a day around 10am and 2pm if i hadnt of tested at 10am this cycle i would have missed my surge.
good luck

yah test after 11am!! I began my testing recently and am just as confused. but yes it should be dark as or darker than control line. I think some women do not get a totally positive result. your best bet is to BD every other day expecially when you see even a slight hint of a surge!! maybe even check ur cervix or mucus?? i know many ppl dont like that but..sok!

Will I get a line even if I don't ovulate or have a surge ?
Or is it a good thing that I'm atleast getting some sort of a line and it is getting darker?
I'm sorry I'm just starting to panic that I really don't ovulate at all. I have tried BDing every other day till I get my period and still no BFP

I agree with Laraloo and cheryl, and I would try testing more than once a day. I actually test 3 times a day now and have finally gotten pos OPKs for the past two cycles. It is possible to get a pos OPK and then not ovulate as OPKs just detect the surge. Keep your head up hun :hugs:

Thank you so much for taking your time to look.
I will have to start testing a few times a day next cycle.
It's so hard to do since I work 12 hour shifts... I can't go to the washroom and bring an OPK haha

Ugh so frustrating!! What do you do for work?

I think the bottom 2 look close. I got my positive (which is probably just slightly lighter than the test except maybe on part of the line) at midnight. About 2 hrs earlier I had a medium darkness one on very diluted urine, which I guess is what made me test again since I would've expected a very light line with light pee. Midnight... dark line/positive... next morning vveeeryy light line and light the rest of the day and the next day. I thought maybe I would've gotten one darker opk after the midnight, so I didn't try my other brand of opks to compare. I wish I would have now, but my cvx and cm seemed to agree with the opk. I hope that was it for you and that everything was timed right. :) If you don't temp, the only way to know with any reasonable certainty is if you start your period in 2 weeks or get that BFP.

Ugh so frustrating!! What do you do for work?

Thanks so much my vitex is working for me I think I felt OV pains and it was about 9-10 days ago now I just got AF !

And for work I work as a quality assurance grader 2 days 2 nights 4 off.

The bottom one did look close hun! I was in your shoes before having my DS, I never got a positive, but always had 2 lines. My DH and I were NTNP for 7 months, no positive OPK, so like you, I panicked and I finally decided to see my doc and let her know I wasn't getting positive OPK's so she did some blood work and it appeared that my hormone levels were too low for me to be ovulating, I think it was my estrogen that was like REALLY low! I had to take Clomid in order to ovulate and fell pregnant with my DS the very first month I ovulated, we BD'd every other day and had no problems conceiving :thumbup:

I would definitely start trying to test twice a day or closer to the afternoon and if you don't see a positive then it can't hurt to see your doc :D some women do ovulate and never see a positive and some of us just don't ovulate at all, but the good news is that there are lots of options to help us conceive.

GL hun :hugs:

Thank you so much , very encouraging !

My OPKs never get fully + (meaning that the test line is NEVER darker than the control line) and I've been pregnant 4 times now. So, I'd say the last 2 look positive to me.

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->