Is This ABSOLUTELY INSANE???

JViti

*Autism Mommy*
Reaction score
So, the hubster and I are still talking names. We are doing IVF and are implanting 2-3 embryos, so twins is a high possibility. We have our boys names picked out.

For the girls, I came up a kinda crazy idea...well, it kinda just happened and i noticed something.

We like Arianna and Brianna. Spelling wise, they are well, similar in nature lol. So is the pronounciation. I get it. But, they are the only names we agree on. We went through the entire baby book, literally, the ENTIRE baby book of 17,000+ names and only came up with these 2 lol. My wittiness has taken over.

Arianna
Brianna
Spelled the same...but
Arianna will be baby A
Brianna will be baby B

I figure with the names people are coming up with nowadays, this wouldnt be such a stretch, but hubby is worried about...wait for it....what people will think about it. He thinks its cute and a good idea and kinda funny in how it works out...but hes being juvenile. LOL. What do u guys think about it???

Personally I wouldn't do it. Twins or not I wouldn't give siblings such similar names. That being said if you like the names go for it. Whist I wouldn't do it myself I wouldn't think anything of it if someone else did.

I love those two names together!!! I think they're perfect for twins. (And I like the baby A, baby B idea.!) Good luck!!!

Although they're spelt almost the same, I find the pronunciation being different makes them different enough to each other

personally not for me. I like children to have a name unique to themselves not picked specifically so it looks good or sounds good with the name of their sibling. saying that i dont think these are bad names at all . also i think id be so excited to be able to pick two names i wouldnt want to waste the opportunity on picking 2 names so similar. xx

if you are ok to use them do it :) doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. your always going to get people saying yes and people saying no:)

I like matching twins names, but not essentially the same name. I couldn't do it. It doesn't matter what we think though. Do what makes you happy!! :)

I'm not sure? As lovely as it is i wonder if as they got older they would prefer something a little different to each other?

I like similar twin names or names with a theme (as long as its not stupid) I think having random names that are so completely different for no rhyme or reason other than wanting them to have nothing in common is odd as hell wheather they are twins or sibings

I wouldnt of thought it instantly but after you pointed it out I would maybe think it was due to laziness though i.e baby A and baby B lets just stick a rhyme on the end

please say you will you call the next Crianna lol

I love both names separately but together I think they are a bit too matchy, just my opinion though and if you love them go for them x

I like the A and B thing. What about Brianne (pronounced bree-anne) . It sounds differnt but the name is nearly what you had picked before x

I think they would be nice together. Most girls I know with them shorten them to ari and brie anyway.

I think that twins get treated almost as the same person that giving them a very similar name is a step too far. I always cringe when I hear that someone has done it!

While they look simliar, I think they're very distinct pronunciations. Odds are that they'll rarely go by the full name anyway (likely Ari and Brie as someone else noted).

Go for it if you love the names!

I like the idea. They're your babies...go for it!

Personally, I wouldn't do it. My OH is a twin, and he said with him and his brother, people were always trying to mesh them into one person. So on that account I don't think I could name twins with such similar sounding names. However, it could totally work for you guys and they'd love them! They're your LOs, so try not to weigh too much on what others think, as hard as that might be. :flower:

I'm not normally a fan of matchy names for twins, but I actually love this! Although they're very similar names they sound so different. Arianna is 4 syllables and Brianna is only 3. If you picture yourself shouting one of the names, or it being called out in school, I don't think it could get mis-heard. Something like Arianna and Ariella for twins would be much worse.
You might have boy/girl twins, what are your boy names?

I'm not normally a fan of matchy names for twins, but I actually love this! Although they're very similar names they sound so different. Arianna is 4 syllables and Brianna is only 3. If you picture yourself shouting one of the names, or it being called out in school, I don't think it could get mis-heard. Something like Arianna and Ariella for twins would be much worse.
You might have boy/girl twins, what are your boy names?

For boys, our #1 name is Andrew. For the second boy, we are debating between Adam and Aaron (I prefer Adam because to me, Aaron sounds too much like Erin. But also, I am a biology/chemistry major, so when I hear Adam, I think of atom...lol)

I was joking around with DH and said that if they are B/G twins, it should be Brian and Brianna lol. He said absolutely NOT lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->