Is this bad?

Suz

~ I are a Nerd ~
Reaction score
Here is the questions?

Now I am the first to say that body piercing and tatoos are a form of expression. I have multiple piercings and am thinking of getting a tatoo. Here is what happened.

At work, we are looking for help. I actully need to hire an Installer. So this guy came in today. Very clean cut, Nice guy, and could probably do a really good job. I interviewed the guy and think he is very qualified. BUT...May not concider hiring the guy because he has the big holes in his ears....You know what Im talking about. I sware these holes were as big as a bottle cap. I dont think the customers would understand. Am I a Prude? Is that bad of Me? What do you girls and Guys think. (please note, I have very concervitive customers)

Thats a difficult one, as it could be classed as discrimination. is there any thing he could do to hide it i.e put a solid thing in it so it doesnt show as a big hole. You could always take him on as a trial period, i think most places do this, i know i was on a 3 month trial period. Then you could ask what the customers think of him and take it from there.
Also depends how much choice of interviewees you have.

i think your not hireing himn just coz of that is wrong yes, sorry.
If he is good and qualified for the job then his aperarnce (sp?) shouldnt stop you from hireing him, these days most poeple are tattood and perirced.

xx

Kris got offered a very good job before but they told him straight if he didnt take his tounge piercing out then he couldnt have the job. so kris did take it out.

i dont think your wrong

Apperance is very important when you work for a company ...

i'd offer him the job but ask him to put studs in whilst at work ...

It could also be health and safety issue!

xxx

I agree with the other girls sorry. I've gone through life being judged because of my tats but there are people less judging out there thankfully. If he has a good manner, dresses well, can do this job & you think he can communicate with the customers then YES so what if he has a piercing most of the snobby customers probably have a life they don't show on the outside - A dungeon of wips & fetish behaviours :rofl:

If he was scruffy, bad mannered, didn't know what he was doing, grumpy faced & smelling like shit then I'd say the customers will run?

Ps: A plaster or some sort over the ear maybe - Dunno what the line of work is!

I presume holes where you mean his ear lobes have been stretched. They can easily have things put in (cant remember the name lol) even clear ones so its not so noticable.

But i dont think you should consider not hiring him because of the holes.

I think this is a tricky one! If he is the best for the job, you can't not give it to him. If there are two equally suitable canidates and the other is more presentable there is another dilemma!

:shy: Those are some great suggestions. They do make those plug things. And I am having mixed thoughts. I am not one to judge people...well at least I thought I wasnt.... Thanks girls...I knew I was being bad.

I worked for some awfull company where you cant have any midrif showing, or tattoos, facial piercings, skirts have to be a certain length shoes a certain height, and it was a bloody call centre where no one saw us!

I think employers are becoming better with things like this, as alot of people have tattoos and piercings now, its very mainstream. I mean even police officers can show tattoos so long as they are not deamed to be of an offensive nature. I think Suz that perhaps you feel more concerned about offending other people like political correctness. You know when all this stuff happened about Xmas, and how you couldnt call Christmas Lights, Christmas Lights because of offending people of other religions etc. When TBH I dont think in this day and age anyone is offended by such things, we are always more worried about offending other people with all sorts of silly things when no-one is offended or care at all!

if u dont hire him because of the way he choses to have his ears thats discrimation but if u dont hire him because he cant do the job then thats fine i can understand ur company may have an image to maintain however not everyone looks the same

I guess I am biased as my OH has his ear stretched (but not as much as this guy) and he is a good worker who really cares about his work. It would be a shame if you missed out on a fab worker because of his appearance.

:oops: :oops: I really hope that I did not offend anyone by my question. I really appreciate all the comments. Just to let you all know, I called him in for a 2nd interview with the owner. So we will see how that goes. I feel like such a prude!:oops: :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->