Is this enough/too little or just right?

Gizzyy

Mummy to Izzy <3
Reaction score
My LO is 5 weeks and was small a birth and she's well over 7lbs when she was last weighed. At the moment she has 4oz every 4 hours and then goes about 5/6ish hours at night without a feed sometimes if she has her bottle before bed is it ok for her to go this long without a feed.. I'm not wanting to wake her when she's sleeping to feed lol and is 4oz roughly enough for her age or should I give her more as she's draining most of her bottles unless she's fussing x

Every baby is different as long as she is gaining weight than it's fine, she will signal you when she needs more, mine is 3.5 months and drinks 4 ounces every 2.5-3hours.....her pediatrician says between 20-30 ounces a day is average for babies

Mine was 5'9 at birth and she takes 4-5 oz every 3-5 hours. She sleeps about 5-6 hours at night has another bottle and sleeps about 4-5 hours more. I always make 5oz bottles since she started taking more in the last week. Sometimes she drains it sometimes she stops around 4. Everything I've read (cause I was afraid I was giving her too much) says that baby will eat till full and will let you know when she has had enough or not enough. If she's sleeping let her sleep, she'll wake up when she's hungry :) I've found that out of everything I could possibly worry about with a new baby....her formula intake is what concerned me the most LOL!

Thanks ladies she slept just over 7 hours last night and I gave her 5oz bottle in the morning as she was hungry (I wonder why lol) and she guzzled almost the whole thing.
She has reflux though I think so she sometimes is reluctant to take anymore if it starts coming back up.. :/

Krissykat I know what you mean.. In the hospital the midwives/nurses were like 'she has to drink that extra 5ml come on take her onsie off, change her nappy' ect ect.. Me and my partner told them she doesn't want anymore and the mw told us nonesense and guess what, she was actually full lol!
I think because of this I'm so paranoid over how much she's drinking urgh..

I was told that you'll know the right amount to offer if they finish the bottles about half the time and leave some about the other half of the time. If she's finishing every bottle, I'd offer more and see how she does. Otherwise, all that sounds great. She'll let you know when she's hungry and as long as she's putting on weight, there's no need to worry about waking her. Get some sleep yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->