is this even positive? ugh!!!

shannondoah22

Reaction score
Ok. 40 yrs old, ttc first child. Ugh. I've been using the "smiley face" digital opks since first ttc over a year ago. Have worked really well. Get at least 3 days of "smiley faces" from day 10ish to day 13ish and ovulating on dp10, dp11, dp12 respectively. HOWEVER, since my last miscarriage in December, my OPKs have progressively gotten weird. In 5 cycles, they've gone from 3 days of positive to 2 days of positive to 1 day positive. The last cycle before this I was negative in the morning, positive at 6pm and negative the next morning with a bbt temp spike indicating ovulation. THIS cycle (currently on cd13) I've gotten NO smiley faces at all. Because of the stress of temping and the fact that I decided to do a month long fertility cleanse this cycle, I haven't temped this month so have no idea if I just missed my surge or if it's pending or what.... (regretting that decision now as this is causing WAY more stress than temping would've caused). While using the digital this month, out of 6 tests, 3 came back with "errors" and 3 came back negative. Just for kicks, I decided to pee in a cup, use the same pee to test a digital AND a cheapie. Here's what i came up with. (picture attached). WTH?!?! I know i'm not supposed to use the lines on the digital but i compared the digital (neg) lines with the cheapie lines. Sigh. On another note, my cervix still appears to be high, wet, soft and open... but I've never really been able to count on this as a sign of ovulation. HOWEVER, i have noticed that after i do ovulate, my cervix drops way down and cm becomes creamy/sticky. any advice??

Thanks so much in advance. Also, if for whatever reason the image doesn't link somehow, let me know....

Attachments

• IMG_20130516_080704.jpg
    IMG_20130516_080704.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 16
Those strips are very sensitive- I use them but i use them in conjuction with Dollar store cheapie on my predicted most fertile days to really know my OV day along with confirming ov day when I temp. I will tell you from my experience and a few other women on here is that these strips are super sensitive-

OV also you will notice "SHOW" Soft high open wet then after will be sticky creamy etc. my CM will either be very watery or egg white -wither way those are both fertil signs - I would consider all things and go for it! If you are getting POS OPK on anything i say go for it still -

Thanks so much for your replay. The issue is that the one on the right (the digital one) showed NO SMILEY FACE at all (didn't include that pic in this) which made me think I just missed my surge at some point. I've always been able to rely on the digital smiley faces.... sigh. I only decided to pee on the OTHER one because I was frustrated with getting 4 days with no smiley face. And it appears that the test line on the cheapie is darker then the control line, which just made me all the more confused. I never really get too much eggwhite cm. I take EPO and mucinex and also use fertileseed, but the last few days it's been pretty wet and slippery and cervix is still high and soft. So maybe i'm just ovulating later than normal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->