is this just braxton hicks or should i be more worried??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by abz19, Feb 1, 2011.

1. abz19

abz19 Active Member

Hi ladies, so im just about 31 weeks into a difficult pregnancy. latest visit to hospital triage was after a light bleed n some cramping. They told me after being on the monitor fopr over half hour that i wasn't in labour n sent me home with paracetamol! since i got up this morning however i have bbeen having very strong period like cramps in the bottom of my bump, sometimes radiating to the tops of my legs. No sign of any blood atm or waters which im guessing is a good sign. I was just wondering if any of you third tri ladies could describe to me what bh contractions feel like to you, and does this sound more like the real thing. I'm 19, a first time mum n just a little worried by all this. Thanks ladies! xxxx

2. princess1985

princess1985 Mummy to Noah

I had braxton hicks for a few weeks before I gave birth and honestly thought they were proper contractions all the time. They can feel like period pains and can even become regular like real contractions but the difference is they will stop- usually if you go to sleep or go in the bath. Real contractions get worse and worse and are defo a LOT more painful. People always said "oh you'll know when they're real contractions" and I could never understand how if I'd not felt them before, but trust me when it happens they are at a different level that just gets worse and more regular.