Is this labour?

LiLo888

Reaction score
Is this the start of labour? Please help!?

Last night I had sharp pains in my lower abdomen (kind of like when you have gas). They seemed to come about every 5 mins or so but only lasted a few seconds (maybe 10 maximum).

This went on for about an hour, accompanied with period-like pains and then it went away. Then about an hour later it started happening again when I was in bed but I managed to get to sleep.

Now this morning there's nothing really, just the odd twinge. Whats going on? It wasn't like Braxton Hicks, these actually hurt a bit.

I'm full term pregnant with my first baby.

Cheers xx

Hi didn't want to read and run! With my first my contractions were all in my back and it was like period cramp but I really don't know what contractions in your tum are like!

Good luck xx

I'm not sure hon, I'm worried that I won't recognise labour when it happens either! :dohh: I have been told though that when labour starts, we won't be in any doubt about it and the pain will stop you in your tracks. Probably no help to you whatsoever though! Maybe give your labour ward a call and see what they have to say?

Good luck!

Not sure hun, sorry, I didn't want to read and run, If it continues I would give your labour ward a ring, take care :hugs: XX

Could be in early labour. Im not sure about the sharp pains but with my contractions i had period like pains but wasnt any kind of sharp pain. Did you bump go hard when you go those pains? If it comes again you can always ring labour ward and ask them to check you over and put you on the monitor!

I had something similar happen last night, I thought it could be the start of something but :nope: I have a feeling in hindsight it could have been baby moving down a bit, i havent been engaged at any of my mw apponitments yet, so if i am tomorrow i'm certain that thats what it was xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->