Is this my BFP or a cruel evap?

hopeful713

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I have been diagnosed with premature ovarian aging and have been trying for a long time. I just got a thin but dark blue line at 10 dpo. I'm so afraid to believe it. I know the picture is not great, but I would love to hear your opinions. It's a "Life Brand" test from Canada. Thanks so much for your help!

https://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g396/hopeful713/P1240074.jpg

Oh, I should mention that this came up in about 5 minutes. I haven't altered the photo at all, but it is a little fuzzy. The line is very fine and thin, but dark blue. Thanks! I'm feeling so nervous, so sorry if I'm a bit incoherent.

Didn't want to read and run-- but I honestly don't know, as I don't have any experience with that type of test. From what I've seen on here, thin lines are usually not a good sign.. but 10dpo is still early, so good luck!

I waited 4 hours and just took another test (same brand -- it was a 2 pack). It was BFN. Feeling so frustrated. That first line is so dark. My DH is completely convinced that I am pregnant. But I am afraid he will be disappointed. Anyone else ever seen an evap line that is so dark?

Hi hopeful, did you retest? I took a clearblue one like that with the +- last month and got a line that looked like that but it was much more faint. It was a bfn. However mine came up after 10min. I personally don't trust the blue ink tests anymore but yours looks quite promising! Especially if it came up in 5min!

Retested with a FRER and got a stark white negative. I'm so disappointed. A little bit of hope can be torture.

that looks like a very classic blue dye evap to me! sorry, positives are thick bands that match the thickness of the control line, that definitely looks like an evap....sorry

I've had many myself!

best of luck!

I'm so sorry to hear that. I always hold on to the smallest bit of hope and over analyze everything. However you're not out till af. How long till it's due?

Thanks! AF is due Thursday at the earliest and Saturday at the latest. I know that it's not a 100% no, but I've had so many disappointments that I have trouble holding onto any hope. I've been receiving fertility treatment but this was a "break" cycle where we just tried naturally. I guess I was hoping for a miracle... I'm only 36, but I've been told that I have reduced ovarian reserve and am down to my "last few eggs." Everyone around me has babies. Life just feels unfair.

This looks exactly like the evap line I received with the walmart brand test. I hope it's a BFP though! Good luck and baby dust :)

these blue dye tests are terrible, i had evaps on my walmart, equate and clearblue, this last cycle I had one that was definitely like a faint positive, a thick blue line that was pale, came up at 4 mins or so!

I know I will never buy the blue dye tests again!

It looks like a :bfp: to me :shrug: The only way you can tell though is to do another test, or see your doctor. Good luck honey; I hope this is your month!

Hopeful, good luck in the next few days. I hope you get a great surprise! I know the frustration and it can feel so hopeless. My af is due in the next few days as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->