is this normal? 30 weeks pregnant

gemma.22

Reaction score
im 30 weeks pregnant and im 19. I feel really scared now and worried about everything. im getting less excited because of these feelings, is this normal? my midwife has told me where im giving birth and how, she hasn't asked me and I havent had a look around the birth centre yet. they haven't even mentioned any ante natal classes to me or spoke of anything at all except done blood tests and told me I need my glucose test, (which is this week). Im really struggling and this pregnancy was a shock to me but I am going to do the best I can, id just like to know if all this okay to feel and if my midwife should be more ahead with the planning with me? am I getting depression? ive been depressed before and I told the midwife I have been through depression years ago and they said not to worry, well im worried!!!
please anyone reply to me..

Bless u hun! Im in pain too at 31 weeks. Ive been so excited but now the ends drawing near im thinking about labour too. Its totally normal. Remember you can have pain relief. Epidurals take out the pain as they numb you from the waist down. Theres other pain relief on offer if you want the edge taking off. Pool births are meant to be nice.

Deffo tell your midwife how your feeling. i try and tell myself its one day out my life. My sister has reassured me that labour is not one horrendous pain all the way through. Every women is different but remember people do this more than once through choice.

you will get through it and your baby will get you through it after. Message me if u want a pregnancy buddy xxx

P.s write a birth plan of what u want. Think about what u want. What scares u? Get your hospital bag packed or write a list. Remember the midwives will look after you too xxx

Bless you, hun. I think it is perfectly normal to begin experiencing anxiety and apprehension at this stage in pregnancy no matter how elated about it you were previously. Labour and delivery is scary to anyone especially if you've never done it before. And for first time moms, let's be honest, the thought of being solely responsible for another human life can be downright overwhelming. All of this is normal. I'm 27, 32 weeks pregnant, with my first and I'm experiencing the exact same things you are, so to say the least you are not alone. I have found that educating myself and doing research has really helped. I feel a little more in control of the situation by making myself aware of my options and figuring out what is important to me personally. I wish you all the best and if you need to talk pm me:)

I'm also 30ish weeks. Things definitely feel like they're speeding up. I go up and down with my anxiety too. I'm 34 and this is also my first. I really believe what you're feeling is normal!

You're not alone! I also wonder if I'm prepared enough and on track for the particular stage that I'm in. Like the PP mentioned, tell your midwife your concerns. Let her know that you're really counting on her guidance in helping you feel prepared.

:hugs: You've got this mama!!!!!

how do i pm you?? havent been on here in ages and just reading through my last posts, would like a pregnancy buddy haha even though i see were at the end of pregnancy now

I think it's the same for a lot of women around about now. You're stuck in limbo where you're starting to feel like it's getting close to the birth but there's not a lot you can do yet as you've still got a fair while to go yet.

You've still got a few appointments to go so still plenty of time to ask questions. If you're going for the birth centre you can't officially be approved for delivery there until 36 weeks as they have to make sure you stay low risk. I had my tour of the birth centre at 37 weeks so there's no rush yet. I can't remember when I started antenatal classes last time but you can always call the antenatal clinic to ask, you don't have to wait for an appointment.

It's totally normal to feel this way. Do you have a partner or parents or friends who you can talk to about your worries? Having a baby is a massive deal and it't totally understandable to feel apprehensive about it. I think you ought to talk to your midwife, and don't let her plan everything for you, you need to tell her the type of experience you want. Some midwives are better than others. The one I have this time around is a bit flakey and I feel like I have to tell her what I'm doing half the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->