Is this normal? 4 month old standing with support

Justagirlxx

Mom to 2 and Preg Again!
Reaction score
My almost-4 month old has very strong legs. He loves to stand. He would rather stand than sit. He can stand very very well with support. Here's a pic of him standing holding onto the coffee table. Is this normal? I am almost worried that he has too much muscle tone or something.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 177
that's fab hun!! i wouldn't worry about it, he's obviously VERY advanced!!!

What a strong boy. Nolan is doing this now at 6 months and everyone seems shocked... so I would think 4 months is really early. Perhaps he will be an early walker!!

wow!! well done LO!!

leo likes to stand on my knee but only locks his knees for 10 sec or soo!!!

i dont think you have anything to worry about... he'll be walking in no time!!!

xxx

Thanks ladies. He was 10lbs when he was born so maybe thats why? He is normal weight now for a 4 month old but he is super tall the doc said, (like us, I'm 6'1 and DH is 6'3) He is also currently cutting a tooth which I thought was way too early!!

Wow that's so clever of him. Just showed my OH and he told Millie needs to catch up lol x

awww bless - Sam was like that at four months but he lost total interest at about five months and is only now just doing it again xxx

My LO was like that at 4 months and walked at 9!

Does he have reflux? Aparently they are used to tensing their muscles so tend to have better muscle tone?

im so glad u posted this
my lo has been doing it also, hes 3 months! started a week or 2 ago i was so worried
xxx

Abby was like this at 4 months - constantly on her feet. She's 18 months now and hasn't crawled or walked, although she is starting to walk with support.

We were concerned about increased muscle tone but in the first place, it wouldn't generally manifest itself until after 12 months and second of all, it would mean a lack of movement of the muscles, rather than an ability to support themselves and stand. I wouldn't say it is anything to worry about.

you may just have a very advanced baby there! My LO isn't doing anything like that yet.

My friend's baby did this at about 4 months: she was a big baby too- 10lb 3oz when born (i think)

My LO has been like this for a couple of months I'm trying to teach him to sit up but he won't have it. If I try to get to pull him up to sit he stands up. We're both tall too so I don't know if that's anything to do with it. He kicked me in the mouth the other day by god did it hurt lol

Haley does that too and all of my friends that see her freak out and tell me something is wrong with her bc she can do it!!! I think she is just very strong and very advanced and very smart...so I hope its normal and she's been doing that for about 3 1/2 weeks now.

Ellie love standing too...and has been standing since just before 3 months (with support obviously)...I googled it and it said as long as they enjoy it it's good for them...and just that you shouldn't force them if they're not ready. She can stand for quite a long time too with me just holding her hands!

Aliyah has been doing this for about a month now too!
I think babies are so advanced these days lol x

but Haley was only 7lbs 2.5 oz when she was born.. but she's 17 lbs 8oz as of Friday and 27.5" tall

My LO loves standing too, she can't hold on to things herself yet tho! So we'll hold her up and then se moans if we sit her back down!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->