Is this normal? 4 month old standing with support

Yep! Gabriel does it too! Gabriel has so far done everything very early. What smart strong boys we have!

I think it's normal for some babies. Bella can stand up too and has extremely strong legs. She also cut her 2 bottom teeth a few weeks ago. Bless them!

My youngest was about 5 months when he started doing this; you could tell his main goal was to eventually get up the ladder and up onto the top bunk of his brothers' bunk beds lol.

Zander could do this at 3 months he walked good by 11 months :)

here he is at 3 months

Attachments

• DSC_0627.jpg
    DSC_0627.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 13
It's nothing to worry about, you just have a very advanced baby :) It's to be expected with babies who are big at birth. My LO was 9lb1oz at birth and could stand holding onto my hands from 10 weeks. I was worried about the 'bow-leggedness' thing so I don't do it much, but I read that it's a myth anyway.

Ahh! How cute is that!!?

Like others have said, it is definitely normal! Wish Kenny could do that by now! Smart babies :flower:

Thanks for replying everyone. I just got really scared when I googled it because a bunch of stuff about muscle tone and cebebral palsay came up and I just got myself all freaked out. Glad to see a lot of your babies are/were doing this at his age also :)

My son is the same and has been doing it for awhile, it's fine! In fact he cut his first tooth this week and has been rolling since 3 mths. He wasn't big at birth but has since grown a lot! Each baby is different so they will develop differently!

My lo does this. She's 5 and a half months and has been doing it for the last 3-4 weeks. All she ever wants to do is stand up. She holds onto the edge of the sofa and kind of stamps her feet!

I was walking fully unaided by 11 months so I'm wondering if perhaps she may just end up being an earlier walker.

I really wouldn't worry though, my health visitor thought it was really good!

X

I know this is a very old post but I was wondering if you ladies could follow up and tell me of your little ones started walking early?

Here's a photo of my little guy now at 17 weeks

Attachments

• standing.jpg
    standing.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 4
My son could do this at 4 months he's still cruising not balancing on two feet unsupported yet, he is very 'physical' tho which showed from that early age

I posted back when that thread was around and my lo was walking perfectly unaided exactly like I was at 11 months old.

X

wow thats clever my LO is nearly 7 months and cant do that

LO took her own weight on her legs at 6 weeks and was standing with the sofa for support at 12, and then just a flat surface from 18 weeks.
I think she was was 7 weeks here:https://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac126/Jessicaroe1/271100_10150319456349923_512969922_9597426_664447_n.jpg
about 13 weeks: https://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac126/Jessicaroe1/1280-STB_5330.jpg

was an early cruiser at 7.5 months but took until 11 months to walk.
sorry pics are so big!

My little one is nearly 3 months and he is able to stand with support too - though he looks wobblier than that with his balance because he hasn't quite figured out how to hold onto the table yet (I've only tried it twice so far - he prefers to stand on tables, laps, chairs etc with someone helping him balance by holding his hands). He is the size of an average 6 month old baby though and has been very strong since birth. He too loves standing and would stand all day if I let/helped him. I asked the HV and she said it won't cause any damage because we obviously don't have him standing all day. I was worried about it affecting his hips, as I'd been told by lots of people from my mother's generation that it's wrong to stand so young, but the doctor and HV said otherwise.

x

Totally possible! Oh had Freya holding onto the sofa at a simillar age and has been taking weight on her legs from a couple of months. but now she's starting to try and pull herself up from sitting (she's rolling, sort of crawling-more like bunny hopping lol, sitting unaided she's just not a baby :-(. )! Oh was standing in his cot at five months too apparently!! It's scary how quick some grow up! X

Tanwen stood with support at 15 weeks and pulled herself up to standing. She's now just under 6 months and has been cruising for a while and is very close indeed to crawling! She's also standing with a lot less support (only holding on with 1 hand!). Everyone mistakes her for a much older child- she looks and acts like the 10-12 month olds at baby group! I wouldn't be at all surprised if she turns out to be an early walker!
Tanwen standing at 15 weeks just leaning against my leg:
Tanwen 031.jpg
Beca :wave:

Sophia held all of her weight from about 6 weeks. She could stand with support from about 3 months? Nothing I would worry about that, good for your LO!

Hey ladies :) The child I started this about is now almost 2 years old (my how time flies!) Anyways it ended up that he has just always advanced very quickly with all physical skills and was crawling and walking and running and climbing stairs before I could even blink an eye.

ahhhh... It's a zombie thread.

My son would hold onto things propped from 2 1/2 months or so. My daughter refused to stand holding onto anything until she pulled herself up at 7.5 months. Well, guess which one walked at 9 months and which one didn't bother until 14 months. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->