• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

is this normal around 27 weeks?

lauralora

Reaction score
i just wanted to ask you girls if this is normal

its a new symptom for me but today im getting pains in my left and right side up near my ribcage, but they slightly spread on both sides into my upper abdomen, but dont go all the way accross if you get me.

i have no lower cramps and tbh they dont feel like theres anything wrong, just a weird kind of upper belly ache

Does it burn? If so, got those too, OB said it's my uterus and skin stretching!

I was also told the same with my rib pain, I stll get it now and saw midwife today and I commented on it because it's quite painful and she said it's normal and it's your uterus stretching and ramming your ribs up :| You can also get pain there from heartburn.

Your uterus is stretching even more now as bubs is growing pretty rapidly. So it will be pain from everything getting pushed out of the way and also rib pain as bubs will be lodging themselves into there now.
Ive noticed Im getting pain up high just after I eat, Its just because there is hardly any room so you get more indigestion.
I had all this my first pregnancy so i know its normal.

I have that burning right under my breasts/start of my rib cage. Even a sports bra isn't helping too much now. If I hold them a minute, it helps... but it sure would look funny to spend the next few months that way! :)

Ooh i am getting these pains and burning sensation almost daily now, i asked my midwife about it last night and was told that it is normal :)

i got horrendous pains under my ribcage when i was pregnant to the point i'd be in tears.
it was just my little one sticking her bum or feet under them.
its just when your uterus has grown right up.
not a nice feeling!! hope it doesnt get too much worse for u xx

Yeah I get that too. Nothing to worry about. These last weeks baby is putting on all their fat so things will start going up. You're bound to get pains when you're pregnant hun you're growing another life inside you it's not going to be without its aches. Try not to worry too much in you're last 13 weeks. They go so quickly and like I said before I know it's hard but you will regret that you didn't enjoy it and spent the whole time worrying. xxx

ive escaped this think maybe its cause im carrying so low and have done thru out..but a few women at my anti natal classes had it and the mw said it was your uterus stretching so seems its just one of those horrible things!

PS love your name choice :D xx

oh yes that area and my belly button just feel stretched out and bruised! Its hard to believe he is going to get BIGGER... yikes!

Wow! I never knew this was so common lol.... I get it spesh when getting the washing in! my belly button feels like its on fire but ive been re-assured its my skin stretching.... and where i had it pierced has now stretched to a ridiculous size...... Haha xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"