Is this normal at 14 weeks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Katieeeee, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Katieeeee

Katieeeee Guest

I've just hit the 14 week mark and last night was the FIRST night I didn't have to get up ONCE to go to the toilet! Please tell me this is normal! :( I really didn't mind having to get out of my nice warm bed to go pee cos it was kind of like my way of knowing that he was still in there doing his thing, but now I have nothing to go by! It was also the first night in AGES that I slept for 12 hours!

2. ashnbump

ashnbump Mum to Kara & Pregnant!

yeah hunny, its completely normal, don't worry u'll be rushin to the loo again b4 u know it lol! xxx

3. firegal

firegal Well-Known Member

I went through a period of about 3 weeks when I was at your stage where I didn't need to keep going.... it hasn't lasted though, I'm already back to going multiple times!

4. MishC

MishC Has a little princess!!

Yeah its normal. I had a good nights sleep on Friday i didn't wake up until it was light just enjoy it on the odd occasions you can.

5. 10thSept

10thSept Mummy to one

the books say this is totally normal!

6. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

I didnt start getting up for a wee until about 30 weeks!

7. golcarlilly

golcarlilly Proud mum of 2

I usually have to get up anything between 1 and 5 times a night, and it doesn't seem to matter how much or little I drink either, it does my head in!!!

8. HeidiLSparks

HeidiLSparks Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

Its normal, I never have to pee haha. I go maybe 2 to 3 times a day.

9. Danuta

Danuta Well-Known Member

Don't worry. I had lots of nights when I didn't need to go 2 weeks ago when I was at 14 weeks. Now at 16 weeks I have to go 4 or 5 times a night! So I would say, appreciate it while it lasts!

10. kaygeebee

kaygeebee Mum & Cautiously Pregnant

Yep - after 12 weeks your uterus rises up out of the way of your bladder. The urge will come back though as baby gets bigger and starts putting pressure on it!

11. MrsO29

MrsO29 Me-Hubby-2 kids-2 m/cs

OMG, I swear that last night was the first night I didn't have to either and am 14 weeks today!!!

I worried so much this morning I spend ages on the doppler to make sure all was well.

It was nice to sleep through for a change though. Usually I need 2 bathroom trips per night.

12. PrincessSoph

PrincessSoph Well-Known Member

yep i stopped night peeing around this time too but the last week or so it started again! :hissy:

13. daisybby03

daisybby03 Mom of 3!

I never had this problem in the first trimester..it was after I got in the second that I pee more....weird huh?!