Is this normal for a Tummy Bug?

Natasha2605

2 girlies <3
Reaction score
It's been so long since Summer was last ill that I'm a little unsure what to do/how to help her! A few of her little friends have/ have had tummy bugs so I'm sure that's where she's got it from.

It started on Monday afternoon, my mum had her while I was at work. She was a little grouchy but nothing major. She had her naptime bottle then was sick all over my mum's kitchen, just milk.

For the rest of the day she just had water. So for the last 24 hours it's pretty much been the same, she's sleeping a lot but was only drinking water so was no longer being sick.

Last night I gave her some toast and her bottle of milk because she was showing signs of being hungry. She had a hyper spell where she crawled about, chatted away and played with her toys. At about 11pm I put her in her cot to sleep and she slept ok. Now, where I'm a little worried...

I went into her this morning and she had diarreah down to her feet, literally. In the three hours she's been awake she's pooed about five times. Her poos are mint green :wacko:. She's quite happy just to lie about watching Disney Junior. She's alert enough , just lethargic. Is this all normal?

So far she's getting 5ml neurofen three times a day. She's drinking lots of water mixed with Dioralyte (sp), not sure if there's anything else I can do?

Sorry for the long winded post, just don't know what else to do with her :cry:

Its so hard when they are poorly isnt it? and tummy bugs are the worst! Diarrhea can carry on for a week or so after vomiting. I think as long as u are keeping her hydrated there is not alot more you can do apart from lots of cuddles. hope she gets better soon x

When Olivia had a tummy bug she was sick more than she had diarreah but when she did have it it was more like explosive.. And it was bright yellow!

You're doing everything right and like a PP said there's not much more you can do. Hope she feels better soon :hugs:

Ollie had what i assume was a tummybug the other week coming to the end his poo went yellow i bought him a few pro biotic yogurts and that seemed to shift it and made his poos brown again lol i was so worried about him!

Hope Summer is on the mend soon Xx

Thank you.Poos are now white : / And disgusting! Hope it doesnt last too long xx

If she's alert and getting plenty of fluids I would try not to be too worried - it's hard though when there so little!

If she still seems quite bright and has no fever she will probably feel better in a day or 2. My lo is just getting over gastronteritis and he had terrible sickness/diarhea/fevers and was extremely lethargic and even became dehydrated had to go to hospital :( It happened quite quickly though, I don't think your lo has this and you seem to be doing everything right. Hope she feels better soon. x

Hi honey - it's probably nothing but the White poo rang a bell and I found this. Might be worth a call to nhs direct. Xxx

https://www.ehow.com/m/about_5382038_white-stool-children.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->