is this normal (MMR vacine?

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
as a child i had the mmr vaccine all up to date, 3 yrs ago when i was pregnant with my son i found out i wasnt immune so after birth had the vaccine 7 months later i fell pregnant with my 2nd son and found out i wasnt immune again! so after birth had another vaccine well 2 yrs later Now in this pregnancy im not immune again! how can this happen? :wacko:

Yep hun this can indeed happen. Immunity to rubella can diminish with time and that's why they test you each time xxx

thanks:) it just never seems to stay in ma body:/ and means extra needles on top of blood tests && anti Ds:( owell lol x

If the childhood series didn't work it never will. Don't let them give you another. It can put your baby at risk for infection.

That's strange, I only ever had 1 jab when I was a baby and I'm still immune. Maybe it doesn't work with your body?

I'm also rubella non immune and was told I would get the mmr shot after giving birth in Oct. (first baby) I was wondering though, I've heard that if a mother was non rubella immune their children are more likely to have developmental delays and such if they get the shot repeatedly. I was just wondering if anyone had that experience, because I was debating on whether or not to get the shot at all. Thank you for any info anyone has!!!

hey:) iv never heard of it affecting children, iv had it as a child & then after my first and second child were born, and not immune again so got to have it again after this lil one is born:/ i do question as why i should have it again as it clearly is not staying in my body, but will proberly have it this time:) maybe it will stay put this time lol:dohh:

It does happen unfortunately but to keep giving it to you seems futile. If you were going to develop immunity i would have thought it would happen by now.

Thank you for responding! Since it didn't effect your children maybe I will think about getting it after the baby is born. It's weird...I've heard it just doesn't seem to "stick" for some people. No idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->