Is this normal or severe MS?

emicakess

Reaction score
I first got MS last Thursday and was in bed puking all day. My Ob prescribed me promethazine but I haven't had to use it because since Thursday my MS was mild. Until now. At 3 am I got up to pee and I puked. I have puked every 30 minutes there's been like twice where I had an hour in between and quite a few times where I've puked every 10 minutes I'm trying hard to keep liquids down but I just can't. Nothing is helping. I tried the promethazine at 7 this morning and it just.made me tired. I was still puking constantly. As of right now I've been puking for over 12 hours and its not slowing down
Is this normal or severe?.at what point should I go to ER?

If you are in the US call ur doc and ask! That sounds very extreme to me! Maybe they can call in a different rx to try. Only drink a teaspoon at a time. I'm sorry that you feel so terrible!

Yeah that sounds pretty severe to me, i would definitely call a doctor for advice xx

Nurse just read basically the normal info online that I've been reading all day. She said if its still the same by Monday go in. I feel like I'm going to hurt the baby if I'm this dehydrated until Monday!

If you feel worried, that warrants a trip to the ER. They should be able to give you fluids and get the vomiting under control. It doesn't hurt anybody to go in and get help.

Just do what you think is best you need to do whatever you feel like your body is telling you and also i agree to ask for different medicine if you do go to er keep updated hope you feel better soon

I will go to ER tomorrow morning if this is still going on... so far it is..

Yea if you feel like you need to go tonight dont hesitate got to take care of little bean im so sorry your so sick :( thinking of you

Sounds pretty severe to me! Poor thing! I hope they can give you something to help.

I agree with all the ladies above. When I wasn't feeling well (tired to the point of feeling faint) I knew that I needed to go in to the ER. Trust me it sucks because most of the time they swear they know almost everything and some have a stank attitude that makes you think why do they seem so unhappy... Anyways, go in. Before its to late you should make sure that your not getting dehydrated.

Omg i'm so sorry you are going through this :hugs: It sounds like hyperemesis and that may require some medical intervention from what I understand. I think that's what the duchess had and went to the hospital? Good luck emmicakess.

yeah that sounds terrible, poor you!!

Exactly what everyone has said, if your feeling so drained and like there is even a chance you are dehydrated go and get yourself on a drip, you'll feel better in minutes as your rehydrated even if they can't get the sickness to stop at least you wont feel the horrid effects of the dehydration.

You will know how bad you feel so don't over worry about it, your gonna be just fine, your in control, listen to your own body and go when you think necessary.

Hope you start to feel better soon. I am going to stop moaning as much now because mine is no where near as bad. I'm not being sick just feel it quite alot.

Good luck

Its 11 pm right now and I have only puked once since 530 so I've been keeping liquids down.I think I'm ok.I am just feeling the after effects of puking for 14 1/2 hours right now

Your very welcome!! Im so glad you are feeling better hope it stays that way so you can get some relief.

You need to go to the hospital hun. You've been throwing up a lot and it sounds like hyperemesis. They will have to monitor your urine for ketones and give you a drip to rehydrate you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->