Is this normal?? So worried!

Meemee31

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am pregnant with my first child, I have worked it out it am around 4 or 5 weeks pregnant, I am experiencing sharp pains in my lower stomach and my left and right side .. I have also had sharp shooting pains in my pelvic area .. They aren't excruciating although they do catch me off guard sometimes. They have been happening for the past few days

Has anyone else had these cramps?

Thank you! Looking forwards to seeing you answers!

Hi hun, I get this it feels like a "stitch" type pain along my bikini line and sometimes down the sides!
It's your muscles and internal organs moving and stretching to accommodate your growing uterus! I think you only need to worry if the pain is excruciating and accompanied by heavy bleeding. Hope this reassures you hun!x

I agree with PP. You'll get all kinds of cramping that feels strange. As long as there isn't any blood I wouldn't worry too much.

I get this too, specifically when I sneeze it feels like a charlie horse for a second or two all through my abdomen. Midwife says round ligament pain and sudden movements are the cause of the sensation. :flower:

Perfectly normal to have odd aches and pains but keep an eye on it and if it's too painful to bare see your gp :)

The cramps are normal :)
The shooting pain- is it always from the same side? If so, it's probably your cyst sending progesterone out... It's good and helps the little bean. I was worried about my sharp shooting side pains (got scared about tubal pregnancy) but my sonographer explained that to me after seeing the big cyst on my right tube.

Hi everyone, I am pregnant with my first child, I have worked it out it am around 4 or 5 weeks pregnant, I am experiencing sharp pains in my lower stomach and my left and right side .. I have also had sharp shooting pains in my pelvic area .. They aren't excruciating although they do catch me off guard sometimes. They have been happening for the past few days

Has anyone else had these cramps?

Thank you! Looking forwards to seeing you answers!

I just asked a similar question, glad I found yours. I'm 4 weeks and having all the pains you mentioned. Nice to hear others say that it's normal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->