Is this normal?

odd_socks

Long Term WTT
Reaction score
As some who follow my journal knows, I suffer with my periods every monthly is painful and quite heavy. However is the week before my period that's become an issue, I get very lightheaded and dizzy spells too, and feel really sick with it too. Every time I mention this to my doctor he dismisses the lightheadiness and dizziness as "one of those things". I literally can't do much at all or leave the house when it's so bad. I have checked my blood pressure whenever I feel this way but it is normal.
I'm worried something more major is going on with me. I am currently waiting for a scan as the doctor wants to check I don't have polycystic ovaries, but is that a normal symptom for PCOS? As far as I'm aware my iron levels are okay.

I don't have any kid's and not sure if/when we will. I'm not on the pill and can't use it due to family history, I just don't see an end to feeling so bad before my cycle.

HELP please :flower:

I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I can tell you that a lot of my pms symptoms either disappeared or are very very minimal after having a baby. No guarantee that will be the same for you but I know that can happen commonly.

Have you tried an electrolyte drink at all? (Gatorade etc) or simply eating more calories during this time?

I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I can tell you that a lot of my pms symptoms either disappeared or are very very minimal after having a baby. No guarantee that will be the same for you but I know that can happen commonly.

Have you tried an electrolyte drink at all? (Gatorade etc) or simply eating more calories during this time?

Thank you, I would love to try for a baby but the OH isn't wanting to unfortunately.

I haven't tried a electrolyte drink, I could try the more calories, I've been dieting the past few months so cut calories back (whoops!) I didn't think about that :dohh:

I tend to suffer the same as you when mine is nearly due (although I'm currently on the mini pill and they seem to of disappeared which for now is a plus for that very reason), I went to the doctor when I was 16 about it and they just whacked me on Dianette pill as I also had acne. I then went again and they said the same as what they have told you :(

I find eating a bit more helps me too, when I diet and am off contraception and get periods its very painful. I just tend to eat more now whenever it comes/is about to come. Fingers crossed it'll get better x

Yes try the food. Your body is working harder and needs more nutrients. I feel fatter around tha time of course but tend to eat a bit more.

I know what you mean, I'm in agony with my periods, I have a little endometriosis. But that doesn't explain the pain I'm in. I've been to the docs sooo many times and had loads of tests and nothing... I'm on strong pain killers and tens machine. I take 5 different painkillers and anti sickness tablets.
About being dizzy, food does help :) but in my case doesn't completely help. If you find out why you get it can you let me know :) ? Maybe it's the same thing

I used to have the same problem. When I felt myself starting to get a bit dizzy I'd have something to eat or a sugary drink and I'd feel 10x better. It's almost as though my sugar levels needed to be higher around the time of my period.

As for your Dr saying its just one of those things. I HATE that!! I've had several male Drs put things down to 'women's troubles', I'm sorry but women's troubles is not a diagnosis!!! :grr:

Thank you all I will reply properly when I'm on the computer

I know what you mean, I'm in agony with my periods, I have a little endometriosis. But that doesn't explain the pain I'm in. I've been to the docs sooo many times and had loads of tests and nothing... I'm on strong pain killers and tens machine. I take 5 different painkillers and anti sickness tablets.
About being dizzy, food does help :) but in my case doesn't completely help. If you find out why you get it can you let me know :) ? Maybe it's the same thing

Thanks for all the replies, its so nice to know that I'm not alone with it (not nice that you also have to suffer) :hugs:

I have tried eating a little more and hopefully it will help abit, yesterday evening I had a terrible mirgraine which made things a lot worse.

Unfortunately I can't use contraceptives and having a baby is out of the question with the OH :dohh: So doing anything for me has to be natural so eating more is a good option. I exercise every day too and try to drink plenty of water. I dont smoke or drink alcohol so hoping my body repays me by being nice :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->