Is this normal?

AFell1

Reaction score
I am currently 38weeks pregnant (1st baby) and I am an emotional wreak. One day I am fine the next day I could lie on the sofa all day and cry my eyes out. My friend was due the day before me but she has given birth today why don't I feel happy or excited? I feel so down in the dumps at the moment which makes me feel guilty because I should be happy and excited, this in turn makes me more depressed and so I go round and round in circles.
Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me?

I'm 37wks tomorrow and feel like my hormones are all over the place. My day depends on the mood I am in when I wake up! I put my feeling like this down to anticipation about when labour will begin, nerves about what to expect (it's our first baby too) and the feeling of just wanting him here to cuddle (9 months is a long time to wait for something you wanted for so long). Hope you're feeling okay today ��

I think it's pretty normal to feel highs and lows while pregnant. It will get better

So normal. I'm 37 weeks tomorrow with #3. In my experience the closer to birth I get the more emotional I get. I say its the increase in hormones to prepare for birth but everyone is different and the hormones affect every woman differently.
just relax and enjoy a good cry when you feel like it and rest. Lo will be here soon and then there's no rest for a while!!

Im coming up 32 weeks and drove to see where our hospital was. The nearest one is 45 mins away. My back was hurting in the car and i ended up crying on the way home. I started panicking because if im uncomfy now ill be dreadful in labour. I think its scary when the ends near. I feel heavy and achy everyday. My energy levels are awful too.

Im sure your just emotionally and physically exhausted at the min. Totally normal. Pregnancy is a long tiring process.

Keep ya chin up you will be ok xx

I don't get it when women say how emotional they have been during pregnancy- I must be very lucky! Or should i say, my DH has been very lucky! hahaha :)
I have not had one fit of rage, not shed a single tear or been irrational at all!
Now that's not to say I won't get into labor and start with all the above haha!
I hope you feel better soon OP, I imagine it would be making you feel terrible but lucky you do not have long to go now either :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->