Is this normal?

maryanne1987

Reaction score
Just wondering if any ladies could give me some advice. I'm currently 4 weeks pregnant, but I'm feeling so poorly. This is my 9th pregnancy, 7 little angels and one ds who's 9. But I've never felt like this in any of my pregnancies before. I'm suffering with sickness and I have done in my other pregnancies, but I just generally feel exhausted, achey, irritable, generally really horrible, like I've got a mild case of flu that isn't going away. It seems to be getting worse everyday. I've had my hcg levels checked and they are rising nicely. But this feeling is worrying me so much. I just really want to enjoy this pregnancy as we have spent 7 years ttc. Anyone else ever felt like this so early on?

Hi Hun, I felt like this early on could barely drag myself out the bed I felt so Ill and I knew it was right so got myself to the doctors, they asked me to have a blood test to check my iron levels and signed me off for a week, the blood test show I had pretty low iron levels so was given iron tablets to take after a week of taking the tablets I felt so much better.

Maybe it's worth speaking to a doctor about testing your iron levels?

Thank you. I appreciate the advice. I think I might speak to the gp as it just doesn't feel normal. Never thought about iron levels. I was anaemic in my first pregnancy, but only a little. I'm just glad its not just me that has felt like this.

Totally normal. In fact every one of my pregnancies have begun with flu/colds/low energy etc. I've had a rough go so far with this one...bad morning sickness plus strep throat headaches bad cough back pain etc etc. I'm on antibiotics which are useless. But as far as reassuring you very very normal! Congratulations fx for your sticky!

Thank you so much. I've been so worried. I've always had pretty bad sickness in previous pregnancies. But this is just so much more than that. Honestly feel so poorly. If it means a healthy baby though I don't mind at all even it lasts the whole 40 weeks!

Hi Maryanne, sorry to hear you've had a tough time of it. I'm 4+5 and about Christmas day I began feeling a little unwell, it then developed into a full on cold which sounded like a chest infection. I'm not sick otherwise but have been so unwell, tired and generally just a big ball of misery! I've gotten cold sores too just to add insult to injury! BUT I'm now being led to believe that it was all down to the pregnancy so your symptoms all sound pretty normal to me :) Hope you feel better soon.x

Ah your around the same as me, I'm 4+6. It just makes it easier to know that other ladies have felt like this, so worried it's a sign somethings wrong. But gonna try to relax over it now. Off to see gp tomorrow for more bloods and have midwife appointment Thursday so I'm sure if anything is wrong they would pick up on it. It will all be worth it in the end :)

I've felt yucky since 4 weeks and now I have a nasty cold. I've been feeling weak, tired, sore, bad nausea, you name it I've had it so far. Just hang in there, drink lots of fluids, and rest!

Thank you! I'm gonna try and relax a bit. Sure worrying isn't helping things. Just gonna look at it as lots of symptoms means levels are rising so must be a good thing. Or so I'm hoping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->