Is this normal?

bdunn12

One angel baby and TTC#1
Reaction score
My ovulation tests are ALWAYS almost positive. I'm on CD9 and I took one yesterday and today just because I've never used the kind I have now and I was testing them out. I read somewhere that it could be a sign of a hormone imbalance. I had a miscarriage in January and this is my second cycle since then. The top picture is yesterdays at CD8 and the bottom is todays which was CD9. I never used ovulation tests before my last pregnancy (which was my first pregnancy) so I'm not sure what is normal for me!

Thanks ladies!

Attachments

• ovulationtests.jpg
    ovulationtests.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 17
I end up with a lot of pretty dark Wondfo Opks too... Seems like the Wondfos are a bit more sensitive but still register truly positive when say a Dollar Tree would. My Wondfos have to be obviously darker than the control line to be positive. However, sometimes the "almost" on a Wondfo is also an "almost" on a Dollar Tree and sometimes the Dollar Tree is pretty light. I like Wondfos because they're cheap, but I end up testing a lot because of so many dark tests.

I do have PCOS so that could be the reason why too... not sure.

Thanks!

I think i'm going to go and get some from Dollar Tree and maybe even the ClearBlue ones to see what they come up with. I'm worried I might have a hormone imbalance from the miscarriage or something because I haven't had blood work done since I was pregnant. I'm always so paranoid! lol

My doctor told me that the line should be darker for a true positive, yours look like maybe positives - I would keep testing to see if they get darker. What time of day are you testing? They say only test between noon and 8 pm - not sure what difference it makes but I suppose it could?!

I always test when I come home from work which is around 1030 or 11. Is that bad?

Ovulation that early isn't un heard of actually I'm cd 9 today and I got a smiley which is unusual I usually O around cd 12-14 but I did get my smiley today GL I used those type opk and I went with darker than the control line GL

It shouldn't matter the time of day so much as the concentration.

The tests have been the same everyday. No darker or lighter. I guess i'm just going to wait until it is definitely darker than the control line. I'm doing the SMEP plan so I'm BD'ing every other day. I skipped today unfortunately because my DH had to work.

When I first started using OPK's, I found www.peeonastick.com to be helpful. There is a lot of information there on them.

Lh takes time to metabolize in your urine, therefore should not be taken with fmu. They say anything after 2 is best and between 2pm and 4 pm is ideal!

The site also explains why some people get 2 lines all or most of the time.

Good luck!

mine were pretty dark like that when i first started testing too, but my control line and test line were the same darkness and also the test line did get darker then the control line. Thats when you know its positive. Just keep testing! You're ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->