Is this normall??

poppys mummy

Reaction score
hi my LO is 18wks and for the last month my hair has been falling out at first i thought it was normall but now it is coming out in clumps i dont dare wash or brush it !

When i say clumps i mean CLUMPS handfulls of it, I now hav e 2 bauld patchs either side of my head above my temples and im really worried im going to end up bauld.

I know hairloss is normal but is it supposed to be this extreme ?

Help !

I didnt want to read and run. I dont think it shoudl be coming out that much but I dont know if its normal

yes its normal. i lost LOADS and had patches, but it soon grew back and its much thicker now. xx

Ive been losing loads of hair also, I darent check for any bald patches to be honest.

I spoke to the doctor about it yesterday and he said it is normal for around 6 months, he said there is things you can do but he wouldnt recommend them just yet as it is steriods etc. I have been using loreal triple something or other shampoo which is designed for breaking hair but only used a couple of times so far. He said to maybe use a thickening shampoo also.

Hi,
I had a similar thing when I had my son. It was coming out really badly but thinning all over. I went to the docs and had my thyroid and iron levels checked. Turned out I had a borderline under active thyroid and low iron count. Tablets helped and I was back to normal quite quickly. However I have now come off the pill to try for our 2nd child and it's coming out thinker and faster than before so i'm at a loss. Hope it clears up for you soon but if you're really worried see your doctor and they can run a few tests for you.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->