Is this normall??

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by poppys mummy, Nov 18, 2011.

1. poppys mummy

poppys mummy Well-Known Member

hi my LO is 18wks and for the last month my hair has been falling out at first i thought it was normall but now it is coming out in clumps i dont dare wash or brush it !

When i say clumps i mean CLUMPS handfulls of it, I now hav e 2 bauld patchs either side of my head above my temples and im really worried im going to end up bauld.

I know hairloss is normal but is it supposed to be this extreme ?

Help !

2. ablacketer

ablacketer Just Call Me Angel :)

I didnt want to read and run. I dont think it shoudl be coming out that much but I dont know if its normal

3. Hayley90

Hayley90 Complete

yes its normal. i lost LOADS and had patches, but it soon grew back and its much thicker now. xx

4. poppys mummy

poppys mummy Well-Known Member

Thanks when did it stop and start to grow back ?

5. shelley22

shelley22 Mummy, Daddy and Oliver

Ive been losing loads of hair also, I darent check for any bald patches to be honest.

I spoke to the doctor about it yesterday and he said it is normal for around 6 months, he said there is things you can do but he wouldnt recommend them just yet as it is steriods etc. I have been using loreal triple something or other shampoo which is designed for breaking hair but only used a couple of times so far. He said to maybe use a thickening shampoo also.

6. Laura307

Laura307 Member

Hi,
    I had a similar thing when I had my son. It was coming out really badly but thinning all over. I went to the docs and had my thyroid and iron levels checked. Turned out I had a borderline under active thyroid and low iron count. Tablets helped and I was back to normal quite quickly. However I have now come off the pill to try for our 2nd child and it's coming out thinker and faster than before so i'm at a loss. Hope it clears up for you soon but if you're really worried see your doctor and they can run a few tests for you.
    x