is this really happening?

They always have signs saying "only 2 per customer" or something similar in NZ when formula is on special, to stop this sort of crap. Evil onselling people.

I remember this happening a couple of years back and it was incredibly annoying. You just couldn't get formula due to all the bulk buying. It's incredibly selfish. I seem to recall Coles had a 2 tin per customer rule when it became clear what was happening but you would just see people walk back in the shop again and again.

That happened in the UK about 4 years ago and it really pissef me off as the specific brand that dd1 was having was sold out every where I went and I was so angry I had to drive far just to get some milk for her, now its only 2 carton per customer

I spotted this in boots the other day, a notice saying only 2 cans of formula per customer. I was quite baffled but this must be why!!

Yeah it is. I walked down the formula isle yesterday. Practically empty.
Incredibly selfish people. There is a 4 tin limit but apparently the staff don't enforce it.

Wow, this is doesn't even seem real to me!! I hope you girls from the areas don't face this again! Makes me really want to stick with breastfeeding!

I wouldn't say it's necessarily selfish. A lot of the formula that is bought in bulk in Western countries is sold on in places in Asia, specifically China, because they don't have access to safe formula there. There have been a lot of cases of infant formula being produced locally (because they aren't allowed to legally import global brands in an affordable way) that are contaminated with a dangerous plastic resin that can make babies very sick or be fatal. So there is a real demand in these countries for safe, global formula brands so parents don't have to risk using contaminated brands. I can see how it could be an inconvenience, but for anyone who needs to use formula to feed their baby, you can understand the desperation of these poor parents just trying to do what they think is best to keep their babies safe. This does unfortunately sometimes create an overwhelming demand for black market formula smuggled in from other countries and yes, there are people like this who are profiting from it, but probably any of us would do exactly the same in that situation rather than risk our babies lives, so you can understand how that desperation drives the demand for this sort of thing.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily selfish. A lot of the formula that is bought in bulk in Western countries is sold on in places in Asia, specifically China, because they don't have access to safe formula there. There have been a lot of cases of infant formula being produced locally (because they aren't allowed to legally import global brands in an affordable way) that are contaminated with a dangerous plastic resin that can make babies very sick or be fatal. So there is a real demand in these countries for safe, global formula brands so parents don't have to risk using contaminated brands. I can see how it could be an inconvenience, but for anyone who needs to use formula to feed their baby, you can understand the desperation of these poor parents just trying to do what they think is best to keep their babies safe. This does unfortunately sometimes create an overwhelming demand for black market formula smuggled in from other countries and yes, there are people like this who are profiting from it, but probably any of us would do exactly the same in that situation rather than risk our babies lives, so you can understand how that desperation drives the demand for this sort of thing.

I don't think it is selfish of the people who are buying it for their baby's safety but it sure is selfish on the seller's end when they go in the store and buy everything in sight not leaving much for local mothers who also need to feed their babies just to charge double or triple the price! I doubt they have any of the babies health in mind!
I hope stores can control this situation soon.

I saw where people (college students even) were selling it for 125$ a can just to make a buck!!! Now that's selfish!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->