Is this reflux?

Trishg21

Zoë's mom
Reaction score
For the most part my LO has always been a good sleeper. She would immediately go right back to sleep without a fuss during night time feedings, but this week we've really struggled. After every feeding she seems so uncomfortable. She grunts and groans and wiggles and arches her back for a long time before she is able to get back to sleep. She also gets hiccups 2-3 times a day.She doesn't spit up much, but it does seem like its been a little more lately. Earlier today she spit up and some came out of her nose.

I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not. If it is reflux what can I do to help her>

Skylar gets like that sometimes. I put it down yo trapped wind. Maybe keep her upright for a bit longer in case there's anymore in there. I think with reflux there's vomiting too

My son is the same way combined with vomiting and projectile spitting up at times. What's helped is putting him on an eating schedule. He was overfilling himself when I was nursing on demand. I make him go at least 2 hours between feedings. I also put him facing me (tummy to tummy) and upright (or slight incline) after he eats. It has helped the spitting up. Something that I found comforting is that a lot of drs won't do anything for mild reflux. If she is gaining weight and not vomiting whole meals she is probably ok. You're doing just fine! Hang in there! I know how scary it is!

Last night was awful. She cried and groaned no matter what I did. She didn't want to be held, put down, lay flat, propped up, patted, rocked, have her pacifier, be swaddled, not be swaddled, nothing. Finally at about 6:00am I completely broke down and DH had to get up and take her. What made it even worse is he was able to get her asleep in 10 min. I felt like such a failure. I just wanted to help her but I couldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->